The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin a 265 pound cure for the powerplay?

iceman64

How about the geniuses in Canucks management call up Jordan Subban. You know a guy who was drafted for his offences and has actually produced at ever level so far.

He would make a great pp QB.

PP1 Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Hansen

Tryamkin-Stecher

PP2 Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Hutton-Subban

Who wouldn't like to see this second unit?

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

How about the geniuses in Canucks management call up Jordan Subban. You know a guy who was drafted for his offences and has actually produced at ever level so far.

He would make a great pp QB.

PP1 Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Hansen

Tryamkin-Stecher

PP2 Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Hutton-Subban

Who wouldn't like to see this second unit?

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening while Benning is GM. When you consider the fact that he got sent down before the team even got a pre season in. For some reason Benning seems to have it out for this guy. Too bad though, I wanted to at least see Subban in a Canucks Uniform before he ultamatelly leaves.

Putting a big body (Tryamkin) in front of the net means a defender has to try and move him. While this is occurring, there is essentially a 4 on 3 with traffic. That's more space for the twins to do their ridiculous cycle, more space for that far side guy to sneak in, more space for the D to control at the point.

Nah better put Biega on the PP instead:emot-parrot:

3 minutes ago, dbark95 said:

Putting a big body (Tryamkin) in front of the net means a defender has to try and move him. While this is occurring, there is essentially a 4 on 3 with traffic. That's more space for the twins to do their ridiculous cycle, more space for that far side guy to sneak in, more space for the D to control at the point.

I agree with you Mr. Scropio

27 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

This is really grasping at straws here. Lets put our only defender with a half decent shot in front of the net.. durrr

Stecher's shot is no good?  If there was any sort of traffic in front of the net he'd have a handful more points.  He is great at getting the puck through, which is much more important than blasting it as hard as you can.  

Tryamkin would look good on the left point of PP1.  He is quite good at keeping the puck in at the line.

Their special move could be a clockwise cycle to Stecher as Tryamkin sneaks through the back side to get in to the lane.  

On 12/12/2016 at 5:06 PM, DeNiro said:

You don' go in front of the net because you can't spread out the box? What a bunch of nonsense. You go to the net to draw defenders to the net and create traffic. Hockey 101 bud. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Nice try at condescension, but unfortunately your history of posting show you have very little insight or personal experience with hockey. Maybe stick to the off-topic forum? ;)

He has a bit of a point. You could see it on the Burrows goal last night where him going to the front didn't draw everyone to him since the defenders could more passively play the box. The defenceman in front can be responsible for him without much worry until there's some sort of danger from the outside where the puck movement around the perimeter is causing holes and stretching the coverage. In Burrows' case though, he slid to the side of the net and Baertschi found him with the pass to put it home.

Without good passing on the outside though, the defence can too easily slide to cover and the man in front can only do so much. We've all seen defence scramble (more us on defence this year, but plenty of other teams after a bit of Sedinery) with good puck movement and how it creates lanes for shots, which the man in front can react to more quickly than defenders and still give a proper screen.

After watching the high-lights of last nights game, I noticed a lot about Tryamkin.  He made some bad plays down low, but also picked up a few assists, one thing I noticed a lot though.  He had a lot of passion.  It must be hard for a young kid adjusting to a different game, and a new country but he's done really well and I think the fact he has that much passion when he messes up and also when we score is a great sign for the struggling club.  Also in reply to Jordan Subban... There's a reason this guys not getting called up a lot... He just isn't that good, I think personally he tends to get hyped up a lot because of his brothers name being attached to him.  He really isn't anything special and obviously is getting over-looked by the emergence of players like Stecher and hopefully Tryamkin in a few years.  

5 hours ago, dbark95 said:

That's the idea yes..... 

Err....Tryamkin cannot be the 'net guy'.

For the simple reason that the net guy is most effective when there is a point shot to worry about. And unfortulately for us, Tryamkin is that point shot! 

I think i like the sounds of a Tryamkin-Stecher PP bak-end. Enough of this whole '4 forward + 1 d' overload BS, it doesnt work when the point D has to QB AND have a cannon.

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Err....Tryamkin cannot be the 'net guy'.

For the simple reason that the net guy is most effective when there is a point shot to worry about. And unfortulately for us, Tryamkin is that point shot! 

I think i like the sounds of a Tryamkin-Stecher PP bak-end. Enough of this whole '4 forward + 1 d' overload BS, it doesnt work when the point D has to QB AND have a cannon.

They've mostly been going with 3Fs + 2Ds.  Eriksson even got moved to the 2nd unit. 

3Fs: Sutter Sedin Sedin

2Ds combination:  Edler-Larsen / Stecher-Larsen / Hutton-Stecher

It's only recently that they've been trying to go back with 4Fs and using Stecher as the lone D. 

On 2016-12-12 at 4:20 PM, Canucks Curse said:

this is a great idea, was brought up to willy in the preseason and he shot it down because he did not think tryamkin had the hands to make effective tips in front of the net, however he played net front on PP in KHL. This is too much outside the box thinking for WD, the guy can't manage minutes, matches and who should be on when.

Well its not on his clip board so it can't happen. They should bring Pedan up another big D man. Never mind small guys. Stetcher is good but over worked, of course WD likes the small players doesn't he ?

1 minute ago, snucks said:

Well its not on his clip board so it can't happen. They should bring Pedan up another big D man. Never mind small guys. Stetcher good but over worked, of course WD likes the small players doesn't he ?

Who know what the hell Willie D likes.  The guy is an enigma.  

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who know what the hell Willie D likes.  The guy is an enigma.  

It was confusing as why ownership hired non experienced management and coaching in the first place, Linden had only some experience in hockey ops... Benning with same and same with WD. I was like "are you kidding me?"  why not go for proven management and coaching? 

I could live with Benning as he's trying to balance the team and certainly did ok in Boston and didn't have a lot to work with when he arrived here but...  Linden and WD?  Hmmmm...  maybe the team/management growing together in experience but who knows

6 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

It was confusing as why ownership hired non experienced management and coaching in the first place, Linden had only some experience in hockey ops... Benning with same and same with WD. I was like "are you kidding me?"  why not go for proven management and coaching? 

I could live with Benning as he's trying to balance the team and certainly did ok in Boston and didn't have a lot to work with when he arrived here but...  Linden and WD?  Hmmmm...  maybe the team/management growing together in experience but who knows

This owner hired Gillis too, who had zero GM experience.  I wonder if experienced GMs would work for this guy?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This owner hired Gillis too, who had zero GM experience.  I wonder if experienced GMs would work for this guy?

I never thought of that but  Aq's should stop caring about what fan's and media say and make sound business decisions they should have made before but at least Benning wants to make this team bigger and faster which has been a lot time coming....  I think Benning's success in Boston had a lot to do with it

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

21 of the 30 NHL GM"s are first time GM's.....Bennings ascent to GM is deserved..He paid his dues at the NHL level, worked in amateur scouting (eventually becoming head scout of Buffalo Sabres),and executive positions (AGM of the Boston Bruins).

Steve Yzerman is a rookie GM,as well as Stan Bowman and Ron Hextall..they all seem to be doing very well for themselves..

Archived