The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) The 6 biggest UFA busts of the 2016 off season signings.

Rocksterh8

Don't disagree with Erickson being a disappointment,he has.Dont agree with the rest of what was said about CANUCKS.I think the media is less patient with our rebuild/retool (whatever you wanna call it)than a lot of Canuck fans.Patience people patience.How long has Toronto and Edmonton been at it?

Eriksson is our Hossa. The slightly older vet who has 10 years on our key components.  He is expected too one day be our 2nd line scoring winger who can contribute! :D 

But in the meantime he fills an important need.  Erikssons big time production will be needed when this team is further along.  He won't be bought out anytime soon. He will be given a long leash and he will be a key part of our teams success.

31 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Don't disagree with Erickson being a disappointment,he has.Dont agree with the rest of what was said about CANUCKS.I think the media is less patient with our rebuild/retool (whatever you wanna call it)than a lot of Canuck fans.Patience people patience.How long has Toronto and Edmonton been at it?

I believe he will be at his best when we need him most.  He is clutch.  Just maybe needs more of a leadership role perhaps to give him the understanding this town is behind him.  He was one of the most amazing players when he was the captain of the dallas stars.  He is an elite talent who has had sub par seasons since departing dallas.  You could blame concussions but what I think it is... is he needs to be invested and counted upon to be a star.  I think he will thrive when he has the right linemates and is counted on too be a leader not just of the team but a leader of the fans!

55 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Lol this guy eh?!  Didn't you know that the best way to build a team is to take 20 years to blow it up, then when you finally do, you bury 10's of millions of dollars in the minors and you give assets away for free.  #asset management.  I don't know about you but this "article" looks like it was written by the same 400 bound loser in his moms basement that hacked Hilary's emails lol..  Herp derp, let's write and article judging long term contracts on under 30 games..

speaking specifically to to our contract on the list.. Yes LE is struggling mightily but you don't judge a 6 year contract on 30 games, well, unless you completely lack any common sense.  Just like Calgary, the teams success relies on the success of a midget.  Could you imagine the hate that Crockster would spew if we had all that money buried, and we're giving assets away like candy?  

On on a side note.. In order to claim something is an Should there be some kind of link?  For all we know this was mashed up by some angry paper bag wearing lunatic ;) 

talk about mad bro 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/6-biggest-ufa-busts-2016-off-season-far/

15 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

How can somebody be a "UFA bust" when they have yet to play even half a season on a 6 year deal no less?

Actually this frightens me FAR more than how well he's done so far this season (come by the end of the season, he'll have similiar point totals he's had in the past - pretty consistant forward IMHO).

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually this frightens me FAR more than how well he's done so far this season (come by the end of the season, he'll have similiar point totals he's had in the past - pretty consistant forward IMHO).

This does not frighten me at all. He plays a game where he will consistently score goals and put up points. He is his best around the crease. That type of play will never go out of style

2 hours ago, stawns said:

you don't think there's a chance a player changing teams needs an adjustment period?

Hmm haw wellllllll.  I dunno the guy is a well compensated vet, familiar with the linemates he came to play with.  I hold him to a far higher standard. 

Chaput

megna

tryamkin

stecher

these are players I would expect to struggle far more than they are especially tryamkin (no English, new country, new league). He's arguably one of our better stay at home dman.

and: stecher not even a year of pro.  Our best dman.

so no. Not really.  We are over 20 games in.  I don't see much fro LE to justify his contract and I am confused as to what the point of the signing was anyway.  As I said, I didn't like it from the start.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Eriksson is our Hossa. The slightly older vet who has 10 years on our key components.  He is expected too one day be our 2nd line scoring winger who can contribute! :D 

But in the meantime he fills an important need.  Erikssons big time production will be needed when this team is further along.  He won't be bought out anytime soon. He will be given a long leash and he will be a key part of our teams success.

Youre high.

i was going to ask.  But I know.

4 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Disagree with all of these except Ladd. Eriksson will be a key piece after the Sedins retire.  Boedker will step up soon since he was use to being the go to guy in Arizona. 

Please explain. He's only 5 years younger and already on the decline... dude's not even the kind of guy you build a team around.

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

The only thing that stood out for me was:

" a going-nowhere Vancouver club "

Which sports caster wrote this cr@p?    

Where's the source please?

Please don't tell me that I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading the OP's opinion...

Why do people on here go all self-defence when they see an article they don't like?

Don't you guys remember the off-season TSN article that put the Canucks last? Everybody got all stingy but hey, TSN wasn't that off.

General opinions about the Canucks won't be great anymore, and that's fair. We're not that good anymore. 

3 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Ryan Dixon wrote the article. Should we live in a bubble and pretend the Canucks can do no wrong?

No, but it would be nice if you stepped out of the bubble and noticed some good things now and then....

Archived