The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Coaching Change/Trades

First of all, Fire Willie.

Willie hasn't done anything this year. He can't call timeouts, he can't win and he blows significant leads. I have always known that he wouldn't spark the offence. 

Second, Bring up Green

I know that this has been said a lot but honestly, it's time. We need to make this type of risk if we want to win at any point.

Third, Hire Hartley for Utica.

Now this should work considering his experience. He would also improve virts game even more since he started scoring again.

Fourth, Trade two of Tanev, Edler, Sbisa, Larsen for scoring help. Call up Subban

Our defence this year has been one of our strengths and the emergence of Stetcher has solidified our D with the injury bug. Subban is ready for the NHL. Since defensively we are strong we can afford to have an offensive minded defenseman up. Subban is that guy.

Trade Miller to Dallas fo Niemi/Lehtonen

Markstrom is ready to take over the first goalie spot. Niemi/Lehtonen would be backup to him. Miller is still a good goalie. I'm not saying that he isn't but he has passed his best before date and has bad games. 

Do something big.

I'm tired of watching us lose what should be easy games. Yes you can blame the coach for that, but talk won't make someone try. It comes from inside them. A big move like benching a player like Eriksson would send a message that if you aren't performing, you aren't playing. 

Willy great person and players like him, but his roster deployment and ice time distribution is autrocious. He seemingly has a 24/7 hard on for Sutter and deploys him like he expects the guy to score ever night. I'm a big fan of Travis Green. Every single time a player goes to Utica, Green develops them. Look at Virtanen lately. 

On July 24, 2016 I posted this;

✔ At the start of the season the Canucks will be near the top of the division, closer to the end of November they will start to slide,

Somewhere between November and the trade deadline this;

✔ Statements will be made about competing for a play off spot.

✔ Then about competing game by game.

✔ Then a statement of confidence in the coach.

*Then the firing of the coach and hiring of the savior (who knows the young guys that aren't playing in the NHL).

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

First of all, Fire Willie.

No one will coach this team any better, you can put a bow on a turd but it's still going to reek

Willie hasn't done anything this year. He can't call timeouts, he can't win and he blows significant leads. I have always known that he wouldn't spark the offence. 

He's not the one playing

Second, Bring up Green

Green seems overrated, how many coaching interviews did he have in the last two years?  And no one hired him...

I know that this has been said a lot but honestly, it's time. We need to make this type of risk if we want to win at any point.

You cannot win with this roster even if it was healthy

Third, Hire Hartley for Utica.

Redundant

Now this should work considering his experience. He would also improve virts game even more since he started scoring again.

You sure this has nothing to do with playing in a lesser skilled league?

Fourth, Trade two of Tanev, Edler, Sbisa, Larsen for scoring help. Call up Subban

They either have NTC's or no trade value at all, and furthermore do you trust this management at trading? I don't.

Our defence this year has been one of our strengths and the emergence of Stetcher has solidified our D with the injury bug. Subban is ready for the NHL. Since defensively we are strong we can afford to have an offensive minded defenseman up. Subban is that guy.

No our defence is still our weakness.  They can't pass, no decent outlet passes = stagnate offence from the forwards.

Trade Miller to Dallas fo Niemi/Lehtonen

Ownership will nix that trade in a heartbeat.  Dallas is the last team they would want to see win the cup.

Markstrom is ready to take over the first goalie spot. Niemi/Lehtonen would be backup to him. Miller is still a good goalie. I'm not saying that he isn't but he has passed his best before date and has bad games. 

Markstrom still does not like a bonafide number one goalie.

Do something big.

I'm tired of watching us lose what should be easy games. Yes you can blame the coach for that(you are the one blaming the coach lol), but talk won't make someone try. It comes from inside them. A big move like benching a player like Eriksson would send a message that if you aren't performing, you aren't playing. 

I understand the frustration but you didn't blame the one area of this franchise that acutally deserves it:  Management.  They iced that roster, they refuse to waive ntc's, and now they're going to see the fallout from those decisions. 

Archived