The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacIntyre's three thoughts: It's over for the Canucks, probably over for Desjardins

VanGnome

If it makes you feel any better, our next two games might make us wish for another Hurricanes game because at least we were in that one.

I expect Tampa Bay to respond after the poor game they had against us.

Then we have to play arguably the best team in the league in Columbus, and I'm sure Torts would love to Ric Flair strut out of the building after blowings us out.

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

More of Van's trash media attempting to stir the pot and fuel negativity :bored:

Seriously folks, we're rebuilding. They tend to not be pretty all the time. Our top D pair is out and we presently have one of the youngest D cores in the league and people are shocked when they look inconsistent after a long, hard road trip?!?!

People need to wake the hell up to reality here :lol:

The reality is WD is not an NHL level coach. If you listened to his post-game interview last night he was at a complete loss to explain the meltdown. Doesn't that tell you something? He didn't even use his time out during that debacle. He couldn't explain what happened. Is that an NHL coach in your books? I highly doubt it. Imagine if we were watching the Buffalo coach e.g., fumbling around like this, you'd be hard pressed to think of a reason to keep him.

Just now, Alflives said:

Excellent article by IM.  The Canucks are in serious trouble on and off the ice.  The OWNER needs to come out publicly and say we are rebuilding, and that there will be no half measures.  Then JB needs to start trading off the vets - especially the ones with NTCs and NMCs.  Let EVERYONE know this is a rebuild, and stop the charade.

Frankly, I'd settle for Benning not handing out any more NTCs  (HELLO Guds recipient of a NTC on his contract extension - I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen)

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Yeah of course I know, I'm just mentioning the "real" problem with the team, the owners choose the GM, Pres, etc....  get it?

I do.  But it is their right, they do own the team.  And so far, all of our complaining that they are the 'real' problem is just speculation.

2 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Which D-men were looking bad? The rookies or the regulars aka Hutton and Guddy?

You do realize those two 'regulars' are 23 and 24 years old, right? frankly none of them looked all that great last night :lol:

15 minutes ago, J.R. said:

More of Van's trash media attempting to stir the pot and fuel negativity :bored:

Seriously folks, we're rebuilding. They tend to not be pretty all the time. Our top D pair is out and we presently have one of the youngest D cores in the league and people are shocked when they look inconsistent after a long, hard road trip?!?!

People need to wake the hell up to reality here :lol:

But the direction hasn't been spelled out for me so clearly we lack direction  :bigblush:

5 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I think it's more about the timing.  Is the guy that they would want as the next coach even available right now?  Or would it be better / no different if they waited until the off-season?

Along those lines, would we be worse off with an interim coach?

This is the dilemma I have as well..do you really want to bring in a new guy to this mess?..Anybody have Peter Horachecks number?

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The reality is WD is not an NHL level coach. If you listened to his post-game interview last night he was at a complete loss to explain the meltdown. Doesn't that tell you something? He didn't even use his time out during that debacle. He couldn't explain what happened. Is that an NHL coach in your books? I highly doubt it. Imagine if we were watching the Buffalo coach e.g., fumbling around like this, you'd be hard pressed to think of a reason to keep him.

What did you want him to say? Want him to rip all the early 20's kids on D? Get roasted for noting it's the last game of a tough road trip? Get ripped for noting we have a mediocre team and our first pair is out because, 'injuries aren't an excuse'?

Seriously people...:picard:

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I do.  But it is their right, they do own the team.  And so far, all of our complaining that they are the 'real' problem is just speculation.

Yes it is their right to do as they see fit, and it's fans and customers rights to choose not to spend their money on this farce of a team as well, and when the arena is less than half full, it will be no one's fault but theirs for making the wrong decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Yes it is their right to do as they see fit, and it's fans and customers rights to choose not to spend their money on this farce of a team as well, and when the arena is less than half full, it will be no one's fault but theirs for making the wrong decisions. 

*Or just a natural cycle of an NHL team?

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

What did you want him to say? Want him to rip all the early 20's kids on D? Get roasted for noting it's the last game of a tough road trip? Get ripped for noting we have a mediocre team and our first pair is out because, 'injuries aren't an excuse'?

Seriously people...:picard:

How about that its unacceptable? Why does Henrik have to be the only member of the leadership group to say it? 

And what about the time out? Why stand there with your thumb up your butt and do nothing? Was there nothing he or Jarvis or Lidster could say? Why the f is Guddy out there 6 on 5 and not Stecher? 

Every game we have some number of inexplicable moves by Willie. Give me one reason that he'd be better than Pearn or Jarvis. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

How about that its unacceptable? Why does Henrik have to be the only member of the leadership group to say it? 

And what about the time out? Why stand there with your thumb up your butt and do nothing? Was there nothing he or Jarvis or Lidster could say? Why the f is Guddy out there 6 on 5 and not Stecher? 

Every game we have some number of inexplicable moves by Willie. Give me one reason that he'd be better than Pearn or Jarvis. 

His mustache is wicked.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Excellent article by IM.  The Canucks are in serious trouble on and off the ice.  The OWNER needs to come out publicly and say we are rebuilding, and that there will be no half measures.  Then JB needs to start trading off the vets - especially the ones with NTCs and NMCs.  Let EVERYONE know this is a rebuild, and stop the charade.

What are you talking about?

Tell us all what would happen if the owners "declared" it a rebuild. What would the team look like? How does he TRADE OFF NTC's? Who is taking these vets in an expansion year?

Tell us all where all this talent is coming from, you obviously think we are Toronto.

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

100% agree.

I'm a very patient fan though.  I know this ship can't be turned around in a single year simply by changing the coaching staff.  If they continue to build a new core I can see this team becoming contenders.  Maybe it will require a coaching change at some point, but right now, I don't see it as urgent.  I think too many fans are looking for video game solutions.

Archived