The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacIntyre's three thoughts: It's over for the Canucks, probably over for Desjardins

VanGnome

I told myself I will never go full retard.  So I didn't read the MacIntyre article.

I saw Ian MacIntyre in the summer driving around and couldn't believe my eyes dude was driving an 80s Honda that looked like it was harvested from the junk yard.  Rust and all.  I'm not hating, i was just suprised.  Thought his job would pay more than that.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

OK I'll + you for that. 

But its interesting, of all the Willie supporters I've asked, none can tell me what sets Willie apart. 

Contrary to a LOT of CDC's opinion, he's done well at bringing our NHL ready kids along.

32 minutes ago, J.R. said:

More of Van's trash media attempting to stir the pot and fuel negativity :bored:

Seriously folks, we're rebuilding. They tend to not be pretty all the time. Our top D pair is out and we presently have one of the youngest D cores in the league and people are shocked when they look inconsistent after a long, hard road trip?!?!

People need to wake the hell up to reality here :lol:

32 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Macintyre in full cdc mode.

29 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

Reads like a 3 am Trump tweet.

24 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Why are the Aquillini's still here?

14 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Because they own the team.

10 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Thanks for that.

9 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

It was a stupid question to begin with, what do you expect?

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

But the direction hasn't been spelled out for me so clearly we lack direction  :bigblush:

I enjoy CDC for the nice cross section of people's varying opinions.

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I told myself I will never go full retard.  So I didn't read the MacIntyre article.

I saw Ian MacIntyre in the summer driving around and couldn't believe my eyes dude was driving an 80s Honda that looked like it was harvested from the junk yard.  Rust and all.  I'm not hating, i was just suprised.  Thought his job would pay more than that.

Not everyone is into materialistic things despite how much they earn or make.

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'm pretty sure most people here know a change is coming, sooner or later. Some like to make a spectacle of themselves, other prefer to let nature take its course. :)

Some of the fan base here want's a rebuild without pain, it just doesn't work that way. Things are going to be tough for a while but in time if they are allowed this management group will build a good and complete team. Goal tending and defence look a lot better already.

5 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

He is probably just practical. Wealth building is often focused around buying and using used cars.  

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Contrary to a LOT of CDC's opinion, he's done well at bringing our NHL ready kids along.

? Bo. sure. Stecher. sure (although his own drive is 90% of it). Tryamkin only because he was forced to play him. After that? crickets.....

No he hasn't. Bear, Granny, Hutton, nope. Has managed to "Vrbata" Loui E. Worst offence in the league. 

You have low exceptions my friend. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

How about that its unacceptable? Why does Henrik have to be the only member of the leadership group to say it? 

And what about the time out? Why stand there with your thumb up your butt and do nothing? Was there nothing he or Jarvis or Lidster could say? Why the f is Guddy out there 6 on 5 and not Stecher? 

Every game we have some number of inexplicable moves by Willie. Give me one reason that he'd be better than Pearn or Jarvis. 

Henrik needs to start identifying himself and his brother as being what is unacceptable because they have been the prime culprits most of the season. 

When are they going to lead by example ON THE ICE?

The time out was lost.

Maybe Willie doesn't want to kill Stecher. Stecher played over 21mins as it was. He is in his first season at the end of a long road trip playing 21+mins a night. You don't develop prospects by killing them.

Boston changed all 4 lines the other night, is their coach due to be fired? What/who are you comparing these "inexplicable moves" against?

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

? Bo. sure. Stecher. sure (although his own drive is 90% of it). Tryamkin only because he was forced to play him. After that? crickets.....

No he hasn't. Bear, Granny, Hutton, nope. Has managed to "Vrbata" Loui E. Worst offence in the league. 

He wasn't 'forced' to play Tryamkin, he played him when he got in game shape.

Baer, Granny and Hutton, yup.

Eriksson isn't a 'kid'.

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Why is it always in spite of the coach when something goes well here but because of him when it doesn't? 

Just now, alfstonker said:

Henrik needs to start identifying himself and his brother as being what is unacceptable because they have been the prime culprits most of the season. 

When are they going to lead by example ON THE ICE?

The time out was lost.

Maybe Willie doesn't want to kill Stecher. Stecher played over 21mins as it was. He is in his first season at the end of a long road trip playing 21+mins a night. You don't develop prospects by killing them.

Boston changed all 4 lines the other night, is their coach due to be fired? What/who are you comparing these "inexplicable moves" against?

They are busting their ancient asses each and every night, what more do you want from them? They can only work within the systems Willie puts forward. 

No the time out was not lost - it was covered on the radio last night and Willie admitted to not using it. That shows me he was as deer in the headlights as his team, and thats totally unacceptable from a coach. It wasn't game 7 of the final for gods sake. 

Maybe Stecher is the only player that can get a shot through from the point. isn't that more important than an extra 60 seconds in THAT GAME???

16 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Yes it is their right to do as they see fit, and it's fans and customers rights to choose not to spend their money on this farce of a team as well, and when the arena is less than half full, it will be no one's fault but theirs for making the wrong decisions. 

Then they can easily just sell the team and would still make a profit.

Then maybe the next owners will finally do what the fans want...OR...maybe they will not GAF about the team and fans and relocate them.

I hear Seattle is a nice location, or somewhere south of the border, maybe Quebec finally gets a team back.

21 minutes ago, J.R. said:

There's been what, probably 3-4 stinkers this year? And as far as I can tell, they've all been during or directly after a long road trip.

A combination of young, inconsistent players and old, tired vets during or after a long, hard road trip should be surprising literally no one. 

The rest of the games, the team has largely played extremely hard for WD. By no means am I stating he's the world's greatest coach and I could pick some nits on certain deployment, lineup etc choices but he's not even close to the team's biggest reason for losing.

Yesterday wasn't a stinker. Yesterday was a double facepalm implosion that was COMPLETELY avoidable. Had WD called a timeout after the 5-4 goal (ie the 2nd goal in 24 seconds), to get themselves composed it's entirely possible the team would have held onto the lead.

Instead, WD just stood on the bench like a deer in the headlights and let the momentum continue to build for Carolina.

The team was vulnerable, and needed leadership to get their heads back in the game. If that doesn't come from the veterans, than it is incumbent upon the HEAD COACH to do it. The buck stops with him.

It's a cumulative effect, WD's ineptitude is causing apathy to set in, and no one seems to give two $&!#s. Watching the Canucks this year is like watching an episode of Larry, Curly and Moe.

This team as it is under WD is done. Put yourself in their shoes. If you saw your manager obviously floundering with his head above water, and continue to make bull$&!# decisions that directly affected your ability to do your job, would you just bury your head? Most people would, that's what the players are doing. Look at their faces during the games, there's little to no intensity.

A change at this point is necessary. Let Jarvis interim until the end of the year. Will he improve the team? I doubt it. Will the team play differently, and hopefully with more intensity? I sure as hell hope so, because if they don't then it's time for management AND coaching to go... again and we'll continue to be the laughing stock of the league because no GOOD management or coaching staff worth their salt would walk willingly into this ownership situation.

It's going to be another yes man team if management is replaced. What management can, at least do is hire a competent veteran coach (ie Hartley, Crawford). I'm not at all sold on Gallant replacing WD or Green. Just because you're a supervisor at McDonald's doesn't automatically qualify you to be a Maitre d' at an established, upscale fine dining restaurant.

Archived