The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Boeser to undergo wrist surgery

TheSecretIsMe

2 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Witchcraft. I seriously have no other logical explanation why all our good prospects have gotten injured.

Or how the league has conspired against the Canucks in so many ways that it is not even funny anymore.  A dirty hits causing injury seemed happen to us too many times.  But in this case, Boeser's injury is normal, and is better than knee injury or head injury.   Let's hope that our prospects will remain healthy for foreseen future.

I honestly don't care that he isn't playing in the WJC. That tournament and the success or failure in it has no correlation to NHL success. Yet everyone treats it like a sneak peak into a players destiny. I have never really been a big fan of the tournament to be honest. It's never really interested me.

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

I honestly don't care that he isn't playing in the WJC. That tournament and the success or failure in it has no correlation to NHL success. Yet everyone treats it like a sneak peak into a players destiny. I have never really been a big fan of the tournament to be honest. It's never really interested me.

As a kid I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve knowing Christmas was coming the next day. As an adult I can't sleep on Christmas knowing the WJC comes on Boxing Day.

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I really enjoy the tourney but agree it's not always the best indicator of future success. 

Eh, as disappointing as it is he'll miss the world juniors it's a tad overrated. Especially in regards to how prospects are hyped.

Him getting it taken care of, his long term health and him getting back to playing with UND are far more important than a tournament like that.

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Heh, I guess when we drafted a guy in the 1st round who showed up to the draft on crutches was a bad omen of things to come...

Are you referring to JJ Daigneault or has that happened again since?

I recall Harry Neale being quite defensive about the Daigneault/crutches situation with the local media retards (yes the media were retards back then as well -- it is a local tradition of sorts).

Just now, Salmonberries said:

Are you referring to JJ Daigneault or has that happened again since?

I recall Harry Neale being quite defensive about the Daigneault/crutches situation with the local media retards (yes the media were retards back then as well -- it is a local tradition of sorts).

Yeah that's who I was referring to...he actually did end up for a fairly lengthy NHL career to my recollection.  Granted more as a 'journeyman type' but still not exactly a bust.

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah that's who I was referring to...he actually did end up for a fairly lengthy NHL career to my recollection.  Granted more as a 'journeyman type' but still not exactly a bust.

So you aren't exactly a 'Newbie' Canucks Fan then eh? Haha -- I think you're pulling our leg here.

If I'm not mistaken ol' JJ is currently an assistant coach with the Canadiens. He played 17 years in the NHL with stops in almost every city on the circuit. Not too shabby for a one legged guy.

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I find that statement absolutely shocking considering you're an NCAA fan. I watch the tourney for the high quality of hockey, and anytime a Canuck prospect is playing that's just a bonus. Plus, it's good experience to play against the best players around your age group. 

edit: bolded the part I agree with, but I wouldn't say everyone treats it that way, just a portion

Archived