The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wtf is with the jerseys for Ohlund ROH night? (Knockoffs or what?) **NEW IMAGE**

CanuckGAME

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Hey... I mean if the logo isn't 100% accurate then I'd be pretty bothered by it too.  If it's missing a shard of ice it's missing a shard of ice.  The forum here is reacting... kinda strangely to it.

Kinda what my thoughts are.  I was beginning to think I'm the crazy one here for thinking it's rediculous the logo has been messed with to that extent.  I've seen Chinese knockoffs that look better than that. Then I get jumped on for posting about it.   Guess It should have just been ignored lol.

54 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Hey... I mean if the logo isn't 100% accurate then I'd be pretty bothered by it too.  If it's missing a shard of ice it's missing a shard of ice.  The forum here is reacting... kinda strangely to it.

We need something to rally behind during times of despair

25 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Orca bay sold this team long ago. time to burn this lingering insult to our identity. 

Tell that to the tourism companies that do whale watching tours. Or the numerous Orca sculptures all over Vancouver. 

Orca's are a part of the west coast experience. Just as seagulls, otters, cougars, bears, and crappy drivers. 

I don't know what the fuss is about.

http://shop.nhl.com/Vancouver_Canucks_Gear/source/BM-NHLcom-Canucks-TeamSite-Sub-Nav-Shop-Button-080115

That's the Canucks Team Store. Not Canucksteamstore. Seems the article is not for the Canucks it's someone doing knockoffs. 

3 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

Orca bay sold this team long ago. time to burn this lingering insult to our identity. 

actually orca bay was sold to the aquilinis, who changed the name to canucks sports and entertainment. 

9 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Someone on Facebook posted this.  The Canucks posted on Instagram this picture of the warm up jerseys for Ohlunds ROH night.  Did the Canucks buy some knockoffs from China or what?  These are BRUTAL.

2cer9xc.png

**The one on the left is what they posted.** the one on the right is for comparison.

Totally agree.

Some Chinese "cut corners" rubbish by the looks of it.

Going to go out on a limb and say that the posted orca emblem is closer to what we currently use now on the jersey's, the orca probably got a little reworked when the new jerseys came out.  But also, that the jerseys are made slightly differently than they were in the early 2000s and hence the differences.

3 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

We have more crackheads in Vancouver then whales. Maybe we should change our name to the Vancouver heroine bombs or something to that nature. 

Fits our team better.

but orcas are not fast strong or aggresive.  Heroine addicts are known to be fast strong and aggressive at times, lol.

Orca's are apex predators..go back to school.

5 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

We have more crackheads in Vancouver then whales. Maybe we should change our name to the Vancouver heroine bombs or something to that nature. 

Fits our team better.

but orcas are not fast strong or aggresive.  Heroine addicts are known to be fast strong and aggressive at times, lol.

Go bash one across the nose with a big sockeye and see what happens.

Knowing the bizarre nature of this club a decision will be made to adopt this jersey as the regular one.  With a Johnny Canuck dancing across the ice shards.  And a

"flying skate" shoulder patch in blue and green.  Oh in an attempt to start a new trend the rink and stick logo in orange and red emblazoned across the back.  Framed by that wonderful 'V' logo in the blue/green combo.  That way no matter the players direction on the ice the cameras will always be on the brand.

10 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Do I need to hold your hand and show you?  It's on the team stores instagram story bubble at the top of instagram. 

But thanks for coming out bud

r6zf2g.png

Might be a 'revisioned" orca logo like the stick logo was remade several ears back.  Stick logo was orifinally with a straight stick now it is down a few degrees and fatter blade.

Looks like crap tho

Archived