The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade deadline

I knew benning said he didn't want to ask players to move their clauses... But it's going to happen. And hopefully they say yes. 

To LA: Miller (50%), Hansen

To Van: 2nd rD pick, Purcell (UFA cap dump), Michael Amadio (B prospect). Maybe try and squeeze an extra mid round pick if possible. 

The kings were at their best when they were a four line team. There bottom six has thinned out over the last compel years and Hansen could bring a be more grit and skill to the bottom end and deepen the lineup. Miller waves to go to Cali to be with his actress wife and a shot at the playoffs. Budaj has been shockingly good whole quick has been out, but playoffs may be too much for him. Miller would be a better backup in case quick goes down again. 

To MTL: burrows

To Van: 2nd rd pick 

burr has been playing great as of late on a line with BO, high enough to raise his stock? Hopefully! A second may be pushing it for him as a rental, but at least a 3rd and a B/C prospect. However they have 5 second rounders in the next two drafts.. They can afford it. I think he waives to play in his home province for a shot at the cup. Could come back as a mentor FA in summer if he wanted too. 

To Bos: Edler, Dorsett (25%). 

To Van: Ryan Spooner, Tim Schaler, 1st rd pick. 

Edler, LHD, goes to a team that he can make competitive, while taking on top pairing minutes and spelling a few extra breaths for old man Chara. Also a very team friendly contract for 3 years. Dorsett is a gritty guy who fits in with the bruin culture. Plus, their bottom six looks bleak and he should be able to beef it up a bit. At a 25% reduced rate of the contract, it's worth it. Canucks take on a project prospect who has shown great chemistry with Eriksson in the past but is struggling this year ( low value, high reward), an older fringe player and a 1st. 

In: 1st, 2 2nds, Purcell, Amadio, spooner, Schaler. 

Out: Edler, Hansen, burrows, Miller (50%), Dorsett(25%). 

These would be the most likely candidates to get traded for value (if at all). Flipping Purcell would be a bonus!

Sedin-sedin-Sutter 

Granlund-Spooner-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Skille-Schaller-Guance

megna/chaput

Hutton-gudbranson

tryamkin-tanev

sbisa-biega 

(pedan-subban) -give few games audition each.

Markstrom

Bachman

thoughts? Was I close on value for trades? Far off? I know they won't all or any will happen. Just saw some things that made sense and made a thread.

38 minutes ago, luongomyhero1 said:

I knew benning said he didn't want to ask players to move their clauses... But it's going to happen. And hopefully they say yes. 

To Van: 2nd rD pick, Purcell (UFA cap dump), Michael Amadio (B prospect). Maybe try and squeeze an extra mid round pick if possible. 

The kings were at their best when they were a four line team. There bottom six has thinned out over the last compel years and Hansen could bring a be more grit and skill to the bottom end and deepen the lineup. Miller waves to go to Cali to be with his actress wife and a shot at the playoffs. Budaj has been shockingly good whole quick has been out, but playoffs may be too much for him. Miller would be a better backup in case quick goes down again. 

To MTL: burrows

To Van: 2nd rd pick 

burr has been playing great as of late on a line with BO, high enough to raise his stock? Hopefully! A second may be pushing it for him as a rental, but at least a 3rd and a B/C prospect. However they have 5 second rounders in the next two drafts.. They can afford it. I think he waives to play in his home province for a shot at the cup. Could come back as a mentor FA in summer if he wanted too. 

To Bos: Edler, Dorsett (25%). 

To Van: Ryan Spooner, Tim Schaler, 1st rd pick. 

Edler, LHD, goes to a team that he can make competitive, while taking on top pairing minutes and spelling a few extra breaths for old man Chara. Also a very team friendly contract for 3 years. Dorsett is a gritty guy who fits in with the bruin culture. Plus, their bottom six looks bleak and he should be able to beef it up a bit. At a 25% reduced rate of the contract, it's worth it. Canucks take on a project prospect who has shown great chemistry with Eriksson in the past but is struggling this year ( low value, high reward), an older fringe player and a 1st. 

In: 1st, 2 2nds, Purcell, Amadio, spooner, Schaler. 

Out: Edler, Hansen, burrows, Miller (50%), Dorsett(25%). 

These would be the most likely candidates to get traded for value (if at all). Flipping Purcell would be a bonus!

Sedin-sedin-Sutter 

Granlund-Spooner-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Skille-Schaller-Guance

megna/chaput

Hutton-gudbranson

tryamkin-tanev

sbisa-biega 

(pedan-subban) -give few games audition each.

Markstrom

Bachman

thoughts? Was I close on value for trades? Far off? I know they won't all or any will happen. Just saw some things that made sense and made a thread.

Montreal has no need for a $4.5m 3rd liner. And correct me if I'm wrong. But Dorsett is out for the year after having serious neck surgery. He does nothing for Bruins (or the Canucks for that matter ) 

15 minutes ago, luongomyhero1 said:

Personally, I think we lose big on this deal. At the deadline, Hansen's value will be sky high. He is every cup contender's dream 3rd line player. He can score, provide grit, and is extremely hard working. He should really garner at least a 3rd on his own, maybe a 2nd if a team is willing to overpay. Amadio might be nice, but we already have depth in the centre position (we do need another top 6 center once Hank retires though).

Archived