The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex-Canuck Frank Corrado, stuck in Leafs Limbo: ‘Everyone gets to play but me’

Frankie Corrado  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:19 PM, coryberg said:

He was a 5th rounder but I agree, who cares.

Thanks for that.  A 5th rounder... waived and isn't even good enough for Toronto's "best rebuild ever" D corps. Which is a garbage D corps, maybe good enough to be considered elite at the Jr level if they eligible to play Jr hockey, but they're not and they suck.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:02 PM, Down by the River said:

You're not wrong, but, and this says more about the Canucks' prospect pool than anything, he was the best defensive prospect the Canucks since.... maybe Bieksa. He was really the only defensive prospect to be excited about in 5-6 years, and so that caught a lot of people's attention. 

Prospect pool at the time, and he still got waived. I do my best to not get sentimental over draft picks until they're actually full time contributors in the NHL.

And Corrado just isn't good enough. Maybe he's a really late bloomer, not sure if Vegas will even pick him up. I did watch him play a few times and wondered why some fans thought he'd be anything better than a bottom pairing Dman.

Side note - the fact that he was a whatever rating in your video games has no relevance to real life. Video games are not reality, kids. So just stop with that s#i+.

Edit- and where's the "who cares" option for the poll? That's my vote

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Thanks for that.  A 5th rounder... waived and isn't even good enough for Toronto's "best rebuild ever" D corps. Which is a garbage D corps, maybe good enough to be considered elite at the Jr level if they eligible to play Jr hockey.

Prospect pool at the time, and he still got waived. I do my best to not get sentimental over draft picks until they're actually full time contributors in the NHL.

And Corrado just isn't good enough. Maybe he's a really late bloomer, not sure if Vegas will even pick him up. I did watch him play a few times and wondered why some fans thought he'd be anything better than a bottom pairing Dman.

Side note - the fact that he was a whatever rating in your video games has no relevance to real life. Video games are not reality, kids. So just stop with that s#i+.

Is anybody really making this argument? 

• 2 weeks later...

He would have been better off staying in Vancouver. Benning was worried an 8th dman role would have been detrimental to Corrado. So instead we went with Alex Biega who was no longer a prospect and a career minor leaguer anyway. Also rumours are Corrado was injured last year - couldn't Benning have got creative ?

Either way who cares. Sucks for Frankie, but his upside is fairly limited anyway. 

On 12/21/2016 at 6:35 PM, Trebreh said:

i remember him being happy af when Toronto claimed him saying he tried everything to make our club but Toronto is a better for him or w.e lol

He's from Toronto so obviously he grew up watching the Leafs. His favourite team is probably the Leafs anyways so getting the chance to play for his childhood team would make someone extremely happy

Corrado F'd up as a professional big time by whining. Babcock isn't exactly an amateur coach or someone who strikes me as petty and holds grudges against certain people, I'm sure Corrado had ample opportunities to find out why he wasn't being laced up and could have worked on things. Hopefully he gets another chance, still pretty young.

Archived