The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex-Canuck Frank Corrado, stuck in Leafs Limbo: ‘Everyone gets to play but me’

Frankie Corrado  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, mll said:

Biega knew and accepted his role when he signed - he is very well aware that he is a D8 and not a regular and that he will likely only play in case of injuries.  There was an article earlier in the season where he talked about his role.

Biega played an excellent game last night against Tampa Bay.  

I like Corrado as a player as he was an important cog in the Comets Calder Cup run but I prefer Biega over him anyway.  

Just now, Wilbur said:

Heh, was wondering why so many people saw him going to Vegas.  What has Corrado shown that Vegas would want?  I'm sure the Leafs will have available many more better options in the expansion draft than Corrado.  I get that sense that Corrado peaked as an athlete in his draft+2 year.

Yeah I would put money on Vegas not claiming Corrado. With teams only able to protect 3 defenseman as opposed to 7 forwards, the quality of defenseman available will be a lot higher than forwards. With established NHL defenseman available there is just about zero chance that Corrado would ever be picked. I think Vegas coming out of the expansion draft will have the deepest blue line in the NHL. They will obviously make trades to move some defenseman for forwards. I think people will be surprised to see how competitive that team will end up being for an expansion team.

17 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Outrageous.

If this was WD handling Corrado, it would put him in deep deep sh!t. Dumb how Babcock's word is final and his job security will never be at risk thus he can pull crap like this off without any consequence.

'We play players based on their play'...ye, how is that even applicable to Corrado if he never plays? Absolutely destroying the kid's young career and confidence. Waiver wire use-and-abuse/leaching textbook definition right here. Feel for Frankie.

dont feel to bad for corrado hes getting paid 600k to practise hockey boo whoo   but babcock is a douche for sure 

Feel for the guy..but he's not exactly coming from a bargaining position..........I think he made the right decision to speak out,since he's been given nothing but lip service by Babcock for two years..let him try in another organization......At the end of the day though,he's just a borderline NHL player.

Interesting. Slightly off-topic, but, I wonder what the reaction would've been had Subban gone public with his frustration at Babcock icing him at the Olympics.

Maybe Corrado needs a tutorial on how to handle watching the action from the press box without feeling as though he's entitled to dress for the game. 

On 2016-12-17 at 10:26 AM, canuktravella said:

dont feel to bad for corrado hes getting paid 600k to practise hockey boo whoo   but babcock is a douche for sure 

Why is he that, though? Remember AV's distaste for Ballard here or for Del Zotto in New York? 

Sometimes a defenceman - no matter how skilled or talented - just isn't what the coach is looking for. 

Grady Sas ‏@GradySas  36m36 minutes ago

Grady Sas Retweeted David Alter

Ok, maybe it's not quite confirmed yet. But all signs point to Corrado playing tonight.

David AlterVerified account‏@dalter

Players seemed to think Corrado was in. Babcock wouldn't confirm it though, only to say Gardiner was in. Leivo and Gauthier confirmed.

On 2016-12-16 at 7:44 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There's nothing the Canucks should do, but I would say that this is an issue that the PA really should be addressing. Too bad Ol' Buttman has 'em by the nuts for the next round of collective agreement bargaining.

Yeah...the league's just starving for a Corrado-rule. 

On 2016-12-16 at 10:02 PM, Down by the River said:

You're not wrong, but, and this says more about the Canucks' prospect pool than anything, he was the best defensive prospect the Canucks since.... maybe Bieksa. He was really the only defensive prospect to be excited about in 5-6 years, and so that caught a lot of people's attention. 

That's just a fail.  But, also, if it was true, that alone wouldn't make him an NHL player right?

Archived