The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex-Canuck Frank Corrado, stuck in Leafs Limbo: ‘Everyone gets to play but me’

Frankie Corrado  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

“This is what I’m disappointed in,” Babcock said after the shootout loss to Arizona. “If you feel that me liking you has anything to do with whether you play or don’t play, you’re missing the bill big-time. I love the guys and I’m hoping for all of them, that they do well.

“Whether you go in the lineup or not is based on how you play — period. Nothing personal one bit. It’s just unfortunate he feels that way, that’s too bad. We talk quite a bit and we’ll talk again, but he’s a young guy, he’s frustrated. He had his chance with the media today and that’s life.”

Hey Babcock, how can getting in the lineup be based on how you play? Doesn't he have to get a chance to play for that to hold true?

When he was claimed, I was hoping for the kid to get a chance to play good minutes on a rebuilding team that has a strong need for a D-man. I'm quite surprised that he hasn't played at all. If he were still here, I wonder if we would have still gone after Troy Stecher this past summer. Maybe blessing in disguise for us that he got claimed.

What a fkn loser - him and everyone that shed a tear over him.  With ample proof that he's no good, and that he has an attitude problem, people still see a great player getting a raw deal.  If he wore a Canucks jersey, then he's basically family.  I expect to see a thread in 20 years about what our Frankie's been up to.

He's making NHL coin as opposed to AHL money, but it's still gotta suck for him. He'll never raise his stock if he doesn't play so I understand why he'd be frustrated with how his career is going. You can say what you want about earning a spot, but if you don't get opportunities it's tough to show what you've got. Practices and games aren't the same. We're far beyond the point of needing him as we've got more depth now in regards to prospects but it'd be nice to see him at least get an opportunity elsewhere.

Sure, the Leafs are greasy for taking the kid off waivers to sit him for two seasons. Greasy.

But if he's not even good enough to crack the Leafs roster and he was waived from Vancouver, because FRANKLY, he's not very good.

Why does CDC seem to care? It's not like he was ever an actual Canuck, and he was a third rounder if memory serves. Who cares..

Marginal NHLers griping to the media about ice time usually serves their career well eh. Good move Frankie.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Sure, the Leafs are greasy for taking the kid off waivers to sit him for two seasons. Greasy.

But if he's not even good enough to crack the Leafs roster and he was waived from Vancouver, because FRANKLY, he's not very good.

Why does CDC seem to care? It's not like he was ever an actual Canuck, and he was a third rounder if memory serves. Who cares..

Marginal NHLers griping to the media about ice time usually serves their career well eh. Good move Frankie.

Very clever!

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

You're not wrong, but, and this says more about the Canucks' prospect pool than anything, he was the best defensive prospect the Canucks since.... maybe Bieksa. He was really the only defensive prospect to be excited about in 5-6 years, and so that caught a lot of people's attention. 

46 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

don't hear Biega talking like that when he sat

Biega knew and accepted his role when he signed - he is very well aware that he is a D8 and not a regular and that he will likely only play in case of injuries.  There was an article earlier in the season where he talked about his role.

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Biega knew and accepted his role when he signed - he is very well aware that he is a D8 and not a regular and that he will likely only play in case of injuries.  There was an article earlier in the season where he talked about his role.

Maybe Frankie should take a page out of Biega's book then. Make the most of your opportunities when they come and NEVER think you are entitled to them.

Babcock's job is on the line if he doesn't ice the best lineup he can. Nobody is owed a spot. It's a results based league. If you get to play half a season (like Corrado did) and you are minus 12 with very little production, guess what: you go down to the minors.He did have a chance to stick there, but he didn't make enough of an impact. Boohoo.

P.S. Enjoy Vegas, you might get some ice time there.

1 hour ago, Mustapha said:

Maybe Frankie should take a page out of Biega's book then. Make the most of your opportunities when they come and NEVER think you are entitled to them.

Babcock's job is on the line if he doesn't ice the best lineup he can. Nobody is owed a spot. It's a results based league. If you get to play half a season (like Corrado did) and you are minus 12 with very little production, guess what: you go down to the minors.He did have a chance to stick there, but he didn't make enough of an impact. Boohoo.

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment but being -12 doesn't say much about his play. He played on a terrible team last year and +/- is a flawed stat.

I doubt he would even get claimed by Vegas as they will have a much better choices for defense available. Vegas will probably claim one of the Leafs young forwards, someone like Brendan Leipsic has much more upside that Corrado ever did.

9 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

When he was claimed, I was hoping for the kid to get a chance to play good minutes on a rebuilding team that has a strong need for a D-man. I'm quite surprised that he hasn't played at all. If he were still here, I wonder if we would have still gone after Troy Stecher this past summer. Maybe blessing in disguise for us that he got claimed.

It's like they claimed him for the sake of claiming him because he's from Toronto.

what a joke. 

He'll get traded much like Holland was talked about in the article. Either that or the Leafs will waive him and he'll get claimed again, so either way he'll end up with another team. At this point I can't see how the Leafs would want to qualify him, nor how Corrado would want to accept, so something will happen with him before the deadline.

10 hours ago, Mustapha said:

While I don't disagree with your statement, Corrado's situation is a little different in that he's younger and probably doesn't like his seemingly pigeonholed role at 23.  It's a role better left to someone in Biega's age range.  I do understand Corrado's frustration, he wants the chance to earn more playing time and his having a hard time getting that chance.  He does have to find a better way to voice his displeasure though.

8 hours ago, Toews said:

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment but being -12 doesn't say much about his play. He played on a terrible team last year and +/- is a flawed stat.

I doubt he would even get claimed by Vegas as they will have a much better choices for defense available. Vegas will probably claim one of the Leafs young forwards, someone like Brendan Leipsic has much more upside that Corrado ever did.

Heh, was wondering why so many people saw him going to Vegas.  What has Corrado shown that Vegas would want?  I'm sure the Leafs will have available many more better options in the expansion draft than Corrado.  I get that sense that Corrado peaked as an athlete in his draft+2 year.

Archived