The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Lightning @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Noticed that that most NHL teams have some type of imposing player to play in front of the net and stir up some battles.  Canucks need someone to do that.  Not enough of these guys go to the hard areas to battle.  They got off easy with a decimated Lightning team but other teams they aren't so lucky.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Baer - Hank - Hansen

Daniel - Bo - Burrows

Rodin - Sutter - Eriksson

Granny - Gaunce/Chaput - Skillie

Can send Megna down to help the farm.

Getting deeper.

The duo they are pushing is Baertschi-Horvat - it even feels that it's more a Benning decision than a WD one re how things unfolded at the start of the season.     

Great game by the boys tonight. Miller was really on his game tonight. Made a few key saves when he needed to. Sutter scored a nice goal but that was all Granny as he entered the zone and was in a battle. Somehow he was able to feed it perfectly for Sutter who made no mistake. Sbisa looked great as well. Nice play to feed to Burr for the one time and was able tuck home the rebound. Bo got a real good, lucky bounce and that was exactly what the team needed after a dismal road trip. It went off Eriksson, Vasilevskiy gave up the rebound and laid perfectly for Bo who roofed it. Burr got a nice feed from Bo and sealed it with the empty netter. Stecher looked solid for the most part. Made good passes to his teammates and tried to get off shots occasionally when he gets the opportunities.  Hutton and Tanev also look like a good pairing as well. Tanev was mainly good position wise and moved the puck out of the defensive zone while Hutton made good outlet passes to the forwards. Overall, it was a good night and what a way to end Ohlund's induction into the ROH. Hope that they keep it up. GCG!

Just now, mll said:

The duo they are pushing is Baertschi-Horvat - it even feels that it's more a Benning decision than a WD one re how things unfolded at the start of the season.     

Yeah..ya know they've been real good - they're real good players..but I put it all in my blender, & I feel like, just real, real good.

My thoughts:

- This game shows how valuable Tanev is to the team. 4.5m is a bargain for him. Those who want to trade him are nuts. Edler I can get, but Tanev has at least 5 years of great hockey ahead and stabilizes whatever young guy he plays with. He'll be needed as we bring up our prospects.

- Triple B line starts to get rolling again netting us 5 points tonight. They were going quiet for a bit there, good to see them back on track. Horvat was rewarded for his dedication to improving. Love this guy so much.

- Tryamkin had a rough night, though it's to be expected with a still young rookie trying to find his way. He'll bounce back. Did anyone else love seeing Coyle bounce off him? Dude is big, glad he's on our team. Needs to season a couple more years and get more consistency and work on his endurance, but he could be a great D for us for many years.

- Sbisa gets a goal! You can see how stoked his team mates were for him. Awesome to see even with the deflection into our net at the other end. One of the most underrated players on this team because of his first season being pretty bad. He's so much improved I don't even mind the 3.6m salary he gets right now. It's going to suck losing him in the draft. Hoping Biega gets enough games in.

- Glad to get a win for Ohlund, loved watching the guy play and doesn't have a bad bone in his body. He was a big reason I got into watching hockey. Him, Naslund, Linden and Salo turned me into the Canucks fan I am today.

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Love the effort to win for Ohlund! Great game!

Also, Canucks have scored 10 goals in 2 games. :blink:

Not to be a downer, but our opponents also scored 10 goals against us in 2 games. Let's not suck each other's dicks just yet.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Rodin-Sutter-Eriksson

Granlund-Chaput*-Skille

is not a lineup I would be unhappy with. Even better if Virtanen can eventually be good enough to supplant Skille. I'd be comfortable rolling 4 lines with that lineup. And maybe Rodin eventually finds his way onto the Horvat line (once Burrows' veteran guidance isn't needed as much). 

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson

Burrows-Chaput-Skille

*I know Gaunce won the spot in camp, but Chaput and Megna have been pretty great finds.

Archived