The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Lightning @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Good solid win.

Horvats goal was awesome!

I think he showed leadership tonight.  After that last grim game, he was much more urgent -- much better defensively, chasing ppl down, not being passive.   The goal he got came from being very aware.  Half the players on the ice didn't even know where the puck was lol.

The Sedins were pretty good too, as was Sbisa and Tanev, but for me Bo was the key in the early going.  I hate that goals can be called back 30 seconds after the supposed offside.  Just a terrible rule.

29 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Baer - Hank - Hansen

Daniel - Bo - Burrows

Rodin - Sutter - Eriksson

Granny - Gaunce/Chaput - Skillie

Can send Megna down to help the farm.

Getting deeper.

Flip Rodin and Loui and you've got my vote. 

Loved how the sedins weren't getting 1:10 of the 2 minute power play this game that they usually get

make horvats group the focal unit, it's more dynamic and Flexible 

first time in a long time the sedins weren't getting those pp minutes, it's a changing of the guard

48 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Outstanding job of keeping the Lightning to the outside in the final minute.

I have to admit I was impressed that Willie didn't have #9 or #55 out there for the last minute. Lost a bet to my wife over it :lol:

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I have to admit I was impressed that Willie didn't have #9 or #55 out there for the last minute. Lost a bet to my wife over it :lol:

That's funny. i missed part of the game, but from what I saw Biega played pretty decent. He had a determined ferocity about some of his plays. Perhaps I missed some other stuff..

null

26 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Not trying to be a buzz kill but they didn't win it for Ohlund, or the fans.  They play for each other. Nothing else..

This video says it all. Mattius - "you play together and for each other. You can fool the media and some other folks, but not in here" - What a beauty!!!

I am not good with computers; but the Ohlund pre-game dressing room talk is money in the bank!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HZ1b8DlemB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, not sure how to embed.

Here's the youtube link

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Can't help being deadly curious whether that top-9 would have chemistry.

This team has to win by committee now. That's how the kids would best develop too.

I think it would. Hedman knew exactly how to play against the Sedins tonight e.g.,, he wouldn't under your top 9. The reason I really want to see the twins split up is I want to see them play here beyond their current contract, and they have the skills to to playmakers on other lines, but I don't think they can keep up their current cycle game much longer. 

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

That's funny. i missed part of the game, but from what I saw Biega played pretty decent. He had a determined ferocity about some of his plays. Perhaps I missed some other stuff..

He was OK except for one play where he rung it around the boards to no one but a TB player. It was just nice to see the right guy out at the right time tonight. 

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

Loved how the sedins weren't getting 1:10 of the 2 minute power play this game that they usually get

first time in a long time the sedins weren't getting those pp minutes, it's a changing of the guard

The minutes have been split pretty evenly since the Washington game.  

I thought the first unit looked good too already in the Carolina game - more dynamic than in the past because it was not just the Sedins passing to each other.    

8 minutes ago, billabong said:

Did I miss something? Tampa took 2 penalties for 4 minutes total and the Twins, Baer, and Sutter had 3 minutes of PP time? 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think it would. Hedman knew exactly how to play against the Sedins tonight e.g.,, he wouldn't under your top 9. The reason I really want to see the twins split up is I want to see them play here beyond their current contract, and they have the skills to to playmakers on other lines, but I don't think they can keep up their current cycle game much longer. 

Yes, absolutely agree on these points. Also with that lineup, so easy to flip Baer & Danny at times, to keep opponents off-balance. Finally, with injuries in spring, so much better if a team doesn't have duos/trios etched in stone. Flexible. Spread out the speed, exp, skill, size & energy.

8 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Did I miss something? Tampa took 2 penalties for 4 minutes total and the Twins, Baer, and Sutter had 3 minutes of PP time? 

The first unit was getting off the ice after 1min.  

The first goal got recalled due to an off-side so the time the 2nd unit played did not count as they had to restart the clock and as they had just played the 1st unit came back on the ice.

The 2nd unit scored on the 2nd PP so they did not play the full minute.

Archived