The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Andrey Pedan

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I like how Edler is criticized for being inconsistent. And in the same breath, Pedan, who has been just about the most inconsistent player in Utica this year, should be given an opportunity. We have such a huge love affair with tall players here.

CDC has a love affair with new toys.....

15 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Good to see him back with the team. Hope that Willie actually plays him rather than watching from the press box as that does him no good so he can see what flaws he has in his game and how he can improve and learn from them.

Depends how much he wants to win. :lol: 

15 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

did someone else get injured? or is this for guddy.?

CapFriendly has Gudbranson on IR retroactively since the 13th - IR is minimum a week out.  So they were left with only 6 Ds incl Stecher who is feeling soreness.

I want Pedan to succeed as much as the next guy, but everybody here is daydreaming.  

Guys, he is TRYING to become a 6th NHL defenceman.  What kind of crack are you guys smoking if you are talking about Pedan providing toughness and replacing Gudbrandson in our D?  

If Pedan can play in the NHL without being a liability, I'll be over the moon.  

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

He must get sick of being called up, only to sit on the bench and I don't blame him if he is.

I don't know if he has made it to the bench yet...I guess you could say that he is consistent in that regards.

45 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I don't know if he has made it to the bench yet...I guess you could say that he is consistent in that regards.

They say he  played 13 games last year...I think he was up for that many but certainly didnt play in 13 and when he did play it was out of position and garbage time..the games he did play in he led the team in hits at 3.1 per game..and had a few fights.... his first NHL game was almost one year ago to the day against LA where he took Jordan Nolan to school.....I find it funny that some can find so much wrong with him in such a small sample size.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Keep him here. Trade Edler. Tell him we'll expose his contract to Vegas..he'll agree to go somewhere better.

Tougher. Faster. Bigger shot. Can really scrap. Prob doesn't break 5 sticks a period.

IF he's a mess in his zone? At least we'll know what we have here. Take another high pick, & clear Edler's 5 mill to allocate elsewhere.

It's time to move on from the handsome, well-dressed, blond sloth..sorry ladies. We'z gettin mean & ugly now!

Sorry, but this is a massive amount of disrespect to one of the longest-serving defensemen in Canucks history. Pedan hasn't exactly shown he's any better than Edler. 0 points in 13 games last year in the NHL and just 3 points in 19 games in the AHL this year is a far cry from what Edler can provide.

Thankfully, Benning has enough sense not to use petty and downright disrespectful tactics like that with Edler

Archived