The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] When Willie gets fired, hire Patrick Roy as President/GM/coach

The guy knew when the hell to get out of dodge in Colorado. He wanted to do things his way, management disagreed (Joe Sakic) and so he said cya later. He knows what he is worth. He isn't going to keep a job that he knows is crap. He isn't John Tortorella some hot head. I say make Patrick Roy GM/President/Coach. Let him have the reigns for 3 years.

You guys aren't thinking outside of the box. This is a coach who knows how to win. He had a stellar season in Colorado the first season he coached there, only to have the team ruined by management meddling. He needs full control. Give him the codes to the nuclear bombs I say and let him run a team the way he wants. He won lots of cups and was a clutch goalie under pressure. He will win cups as a coach too, guaranteed, we just need to decide if it will be for us or another team.

Okay I'm calling Francesco!

You know how we can win a day? Well there should be one where you lose a day; for days like this.

I respect your out-of-the-box approach; but there's actually been some improvement from where we are this year, compared to where we were at this point last year.

a big no

and roy has no connections or ties here

he won't come to vancouver anyway

i'm sure it would be entertaining during his time here or anywhere else

where he had all of the controls

but he had proven repeatedly that he is a me first guy

and it is hard to run a management group with a personality like his

i do not really see roy working out anywhere in the future

he is just too big of a risk . an all or nothing kind of guy

and he has not yet proven he can provide the all

and his success in his first year can be equally attributed to a good group of talent being handed to him when he first was coach .. and that he wore them out with his approach, demeanor, and personality over time

i think he just is not an easy guy to get along with (ala torts)

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

You guys aren't thinking outside of the box. This is a coach who knows how to win. He had a stellar season in Colorado the first season he coached there, only to have the team ruined by management meddling. He needs full control. Give him the codes to the nuclear bombs I say and let him run a team the way he wants. He won lots of cups and was a clutch goalie under pressure. He will win cups as a coach too, guaranteed, we just need to decide if it will be for us or another team.

Put the crack pipe down and walk away....

Outside the box thinking is. Hey this coach won the Memorial Cup multiple times, did innovative things in the CHL. Let's hire him!

Roy's track record in Colorado, on a team with pretty good talent, and only to have him make moves more questionable than WD. 

No thanks. Roy is too emotional, and like Tort's the wrong guy at the wrong time for this team.

Pass.

Makes as much sense as Florida punting Tallon upstairs, then the GM demotes himself to coach and Tallon takes over again. Gong show. 

Thank God you're not an owner. 

12 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

The guy knew when the hell to get out of dodge in Colorado. He wanted to do things his way, management disagreed (Joe Sakic) and so he said cya later. He knows what he is worth. He isn't going to keep a job that he knows is crap. He isn't John Tortorella some hot head. I say make Patrick Roy GM/President/Coach. Let him have the reigns for 3 years.

He was fined for losing his temper in his first game in Colorado. 

9 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

If he knows how to win then why did Colorado only make the playoffs once with the amount of talent he had to work with?

Archived