The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blue Jackets @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I love the heart this team shows, but I just don't get Willie's 4th line love fest.  

Can someone explain why the 4th line was out with 3min to go and 1 goal down.   Was also the case against Carolina.  

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Fortunate to get the single point...CBJ did not give us much..CBJ have a pretty impressive team..IMO  Wennberg,Saad,Jones,Werenski..and PLD maybe next year..Torts has done a good job with them (I think Torts excels on young teams that are entering their primes..Like the TB team of the early 2000's..He failed badly working with our vet team).

Stecher had a great game...Hutton fell asleep on CBJ's 3rd goal (there's going to be learning curves for all our young D)..but good pushback by the Canucks at the end.

CBJ picked 3rd overall last year...now that is quite a turn around...lots of big, strong, fast young guns...recipe for success!

12 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

6) Tryamkin, Biega and eventually Hutton cost us the game. BRUTAL game by Hutton. He is hands down the most overrated Canuck on this team. Had one decent season, now his true colours are showing. This kid was a 5th round pick and lets be honest, he has a very low cieling of a 2nd pairing defenceman. Nearly cost us the game with the 3-2 goal against, nearly wins us the game but ends up being the defenceman on the ice for the GWG. He struggled all night long though. 

He's only had one season, full stop. Calm down. He had a bad game. It'll be okay. 

4 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Fortunate to get the single point...CBJ did not give us much..CBJ have a pretty impressive team..IMO  Wennberg,Saad,Jones,Werenski..and PLD maybe next year..Torts has done a good job with them (I think Torts excels on young teams that are entering their primes..Like the TB team of the early 2000's..He failed badly working with our vet team).

Stecher had a great game...Hutton fell asleep on CBJ's 3rd goal (there's going to be learning curves for all our young D)..but good pushback by the Canucks at the end.

Torts didn't work out in Vancouver because the team refused to play his way. Say what you want about the Torts, when you look at Willie there seems to be no plan. The team looks completely different from game to game.

Canucks got some bounces tonight, they only executed one actual goal by design, and it took 4 power plays to do it. Columbus makes the most of their opportunities, they had half the power plays but double the goals.

Canucks bank a point that Edmonton and Calgary didn't get, so that's positive.

26 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

I swear Atkinson slowed down for someone to catch him lol

Can't wait to see the highlights from a different angle. I'm convinced they could have caught him. He stopped skating around 10 feet from the center line, it seems. 

Edit: nevermind, just past the blue

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

If Benning would stop trading and signing FA's this BJ's team is exactly what I would envision a Benning drafted team to look like. Sure the Jackets got a lot of their pieces Via trade, and people will argue JB is doing the same. However, they had an abundance of cap flexibility and assets to get things done. Those are 2 things we will never have because of signing players like LE and trading picks like sandwiches for snack packs in grade school. 

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Fast-paced game. We found a way to come back twice in the 3rd, then almost win it in OT. They're a fast team and made us pay." - Hansen

I would like to get Subban on our wing he would help our team speed. Man we look slower than CBJ on a lot of plays. The new NHL.

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Brutal game. Canucks got lucky to get a point in this one.

1) Sedins were invisible for the most part, they're well and truly 2nd/3rd liners now, and didn't have much chemistry with Hansen. If we want them to be our top line I say put Sutter or Eriksson up there because they're simply not the same type of player as they used to be, and certainly don't match Hansen's style of play. Put the speedy winger with the other speedy young guys and put Sutter or Eriksson up with the twins. This line isn't working. Daniel scores with a very lucky goal. Hansen scores on a lucky bounce too. 

2) Horvat line looked good again, and although he didn't score he was dangerous again. Not their best game but another strong performance.

3) Granlund struggled a bit but their line had some chances too, again not their best game.

4) Our fourth line was pretty good tonight in spurts but were never going to score.

5) Sbisa and Stecher and Tanev were solid tonight defensively and Stecher is really becoming a consistent force for us at all ends of the ice - we don't have anyone who is as good an all-round defender and haven't had someone so versatile since Edler in his earlier days.

6) Tryamkin, Biega and eventually Hutton cost us the game. BRUTAL game by Hutton. He is hands down the most overrated Canuck on this team. Had one decent season, now his true colours are showing. This kid was a 5th round pick and lets be honest, he has a very low cieling of a 2nd pairing defenceman. Nearly cost us the game with the 3-2 goal against, nearly wins us the game but ends up being the defenceman on the ice for the GWG. He struggled all night long though. 

7) Miller was decent but not that solid, made some big saves and was left with glorious chances against but at the end of the day let in 3 goals on not that many shots.

TL;DR - Defence was terrible, forwards got lucky, terrible game. Once again, defence is costing us games. Scoring is not a problem, our problem is the defencemen we have. Hutton needs to be better.

You're just an awful, awful poster.  

So we lost in OT I suppose we will have another 20 pages of crap, denying the fact we played damned well considering where the BJs are and where we are.

For all we heard about how kick ass this team was, we had them on their heels for good spells in the game.

So in my opinion it was an engrossing end to end exciting game where we were unlucky not to take the 2 points.

I still think the Sedins are a handicap now and surely we have to try splitting them up 

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Can't wait to see the highlights from a different angle. I'm convinced they could have caught him. He stopped skating around 10 feet from the center line, it seems. 

I saw that but he knew he had time so he slowed to get the puck under control and for his winger to join him 

Archived