The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NEED HELP! For a Christmas gift

JV77

Gotta get a gift for my bro (28 years old, young guy) for a secret santa but need help with ideas!  Don't wana buy anything boring like clothes, looking for just a fun and cool gadget/toy.  Or I was thinking like a cool experience such as driving exotic cars or something.  Anyone know if we have these here?

Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Incursio said:

What kind of stuff is he into? Gaming, music, tech?

Honestly the toughest thing is that I really have no clue what he is into lol not really that in to anything specific, so I just thought buy something cool.  I guess a techy gadget would work

11 hours ago, JV77 said:

Not a gamer at all, that is me lol

I was thinking fitbit as well, he is into fitness but don't know if he would use it.  

He will use it. If there is any competitive fire in him it brings it out. I got one from my brother for Christmas last year. It's a great motivator just to get you off the couch. 

15 hours ago, JV77 said:

Honestly the toughest thing is that I really have no clue what he is into lol not really that in to anything specific, so I just thought buy something cool.  I guess a techy gadget would work

Don't want to assume anything or make judgments, as I don't know your specific situation/relationship,  but your own brother is 28yo and you have no clue what his interests are?  Sounds like you need to spend some quality time with him to get to know him - how about a gift that will help you do that like an activity where you do it together like snowboard lessons  (or lift tickets if he knows how already).  Similarly,  you could get him a mountain bike day pass, or surfing lessons (Tofino) and go with him.  What's your budget?   Maybe a day charter fishing together?  Gadgets and tech stuff can be cool but not too often do they let you know your family better.   I'm a little older than you it sounds like,  and I don't remember what my brother got me for Christmas 10 or even 5 years ago,  but I remember like it was yesterday when my brother took me snowboarding in Jasper to Marmot mountain over 15 years ago.  I also remember when he made me a custom fly-tying vice many many years ago which I will have forever.

Archived