The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - Canada vs Finland - 12/19/16 - 4pm

HowYaDrouin

can_fin_640.jpg

No morning skate for Canada tomorrow; here's the projected lineup for the pre-tournament opener against Finland:

C0ABBuqXEAA_JoH.jpg

Kuokkanen-Nättinen-Palmu
Vesalainen/Koivula-Räsänen-Tolvanen
Luoto-Borgström-Vesalainen
Ruotsalainen-Mattila-Björkqvist

Juolevi-Saarijärvi
Välimäki-Heiskanen
Niemeläinen-ERäsänen

Vehvilainen

4 minutes ago, Spoderman said:

Curious why they split up Joseph and Roy. Will be a fun game

Somebody else asked a similar lineup question on HFBoards and I remember somebody responding that Roy's size, speed and grit are of more value then his skill. Therefor he will be on the shutdown line. Where as Joesph is skilled as hell but with not as much grit or physicality.

11 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Somebody else asked a similar lineup question on HFBoards and I remember somebody responding that Roy's size, speed and grit are of more value then his skill. Therefor he will be on the shutdown line. Where as Joesph is skilled as hell but with not as much grit or physicality.

Interesting. I feel like they should just keep players together if they show actually chemistry, like I thought I saw with those two. Would like to see Jost with Strome later, but oh well.

21 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

It'll be interesting to see who gets named the captain. Personally, I think Mitchell Stephens is the guy. Great leadership qualities, been a captain at every level, real good character kid. 

Strome gets the C. Chabot and Barzal probably get the As.

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Speers on the 1st line? Dafuq?

For me it's not that he doesn't deserve to be there, because there are no superstar on that right side, but I thought they would have reunited Strome and Raddysh, they are already playing together.

What I don't understand is Mitchells on the right side.  I thought he was one of our best faceoff man last year.

7 hours ago, Spoderman said:

Strome gets the C. Chabot and Barzal probably get the As.

IDK even growing up together (Strome and Stephens played together when they were younger) Mitchell Stephens was always the captain. There is something about him that speaks captain. 

Archived