The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

final fantasy 15>?

soosoodeff

32 minutes ago, soosoodeff said:

any one got this??? worth getting?

Depends on your budget and taste in games... But for me I like it and it's worth it.  (Haven't finished it, still pretty early on in the story doing a lot of side quests.) 

If you're a FF fan, I haven't enjoyed a game since X.  Hated XII, was "meh" about XIII.  In my opinion it's a lot better than both of those.  

Gameplay is a lot more action/adventure and it's chalk full of corny JRPG junk but it's still hitting the right nostalgia points that I'm enjoying it.

I'm still playing through it but it is quite entertaining and gorgeous eye candy. Story is slightly underwhelming so far compared to other Final Fantasy games (I'm a huge FFVII fan), but overall I'm really enjoying it. 

Its a great introduction to the series if you haven't played other Final Fantasy games before.

I really enjoyed it. Finished it in just over 40 hours, and plan to spend a lot more time playing side quests.

I feel like they went for a more Western RPG approach, with the shorter main storyline and a stupid amount of side quests. I would rather have seen a longer/stronger story than have all these side quests, but to each their own.

It's all the little touches that made the game really great to me. The way your party interacts with each other, and the amount of detail that went into building the world is pretty awesome.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:42 PM, Fateless said:

I'm still playing through it but it is quite entertaining and gorgeous eye candy. Story is slightly underwhelming so far compared to other Final Fantasy games (I'm a huge FFVII fan), but overall I'm really enjoying it. 

Its a great introduction to the series if you haven't played other Final Fantasy games before.

love FFVII one of my all time faves still to this day. I have the digital download on my PS4 just finished the underwater reactor part. One of the best games ever made. Cant wait for the remake that's coming out.

Installing FF15 on my PS4 as I type this. picked it up for 50$ at eb games boxing day sale. it looks great from the previews that I have seen. Hopefully I will enjoy it.

FYI for you FF7 fans that might be unaware a follow up movie was made called final fantasy 7: advent children

• 2 months later...

Late on this thread but if you are a fan of JRPGs in general I can't recommend it enough. There is just so much great stuff to do(especially after you've beaten the main story), the battle system is fluid and fun, and the main cast is really compelling and interesting.

The main weakness I'd say is the somewhat lacklustre 3rd act. The rest of it is just excellent imo.

Archived