The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jagr 1 point away from passing Messier as 2nd alltime points scorer

Following a 3 point game tonight...

Sometimes forget just how dumb Gretzky's numbers are. It's pure insanity how if he never scored a goal he'd still be the alltime leading points leader. 

As for Jagr, absolute legend. Even better he's about to leapfrog that roach Messier.

27 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Sometimes forget just how dumb Gretzky's numbers are. It's pure insanity how if he never scored a goal he'd still be the alltime leading points leader. 

As for Jagr, absolute legend. Even better he's about to leapfrog that roach Messier.

Wow ... there are some things we both agree on (never thought I'd ever give you a +1 !!).  I'm pleasantly surprised !!

Amazing to think this guy has literally played the game of hockey at the highest level longer than my entire 25 year life and still going strong!

I was hearing a discussion and they were actually discussing is Jagr a top 10 player in history?  He absolutely undoubtedly is.  He is 2nd in all time points in the history of a sports league that thousands of players came and went through and he may not be considered in the top 10?!

6 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

And not to mention the 3 years Jags spent in the KHL during his prime. That's almost 300 more potential points he could've had. 

...plus all the games/points missed out on due to lockouts

To be fair those 3 years were when he was 36-38 so technically that wouldn't be his prime, but had he not gone he'd easily be at 2000 points right now, which would be crazy.

1 minute ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

To be fair those 3 years were when he was 36-38 so technically that wouldn't be his prime, but had he not gone he'd easily be at 2000 points right now, which would be crazy.

Jags is a freak of nature tho. The seasons prior to leaving for the K, he was still well above p/g :blink:

23 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

And not to mention the 3 years Jags spent in the KHL during his prime. That's almost 300 more potential points he could've had. 

...plus all the games/points missed out on due to lockouts

I can't find the direct quotes, but Jagr did mention in a post-game interview that if he hadn't gone to the KHL for a few years, he never would have returned to the NHL.

3 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Roaches everywhere are deeply offended  : (

18 hours ago, JV77 said:

Amazing to think this guy has literally played the game of hockey at the highest level longer than my entire 25 year life and still going strong!

I was hearing a discussion and they were actually discussing is Jagr a top 10 player in history?  He absolutely undoubtedly is.  He is 2nd in all time points in the history of a sports league that thousands of players came and went through and he may not be considered in the top 10?!

That's because he's not from North America.  If this guy was Canadian, you'd bet he'd be in their Top 5, if not Top 3.  For me, I'd list em as:

1. Gretzky

2. Orr

3. Howe

4. Lemieux

5. Jagr

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

That's because he's not from North America.  If this guy was Canadian, you'd bet he'd be in their Top 5, if not Top 3.  For me, I'd list em as:

1. Gretzky

2. Orr

3. Howe

4. Lemieux

5. Jagr

Exactly!  He is the only European in the top 10.

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I can think of one - that woman who tried to blackmail JJ and ended up posting a pic of him in bed with her.  I believe his response when she tried to blackmail him was "Go ahead".  :lol:

Unmarried 43 year old bedding 18 year old models.

Yeah, tell me again why he'd be worried about it haha. Go ahead indeed... just adds to the Jagr legend.

19 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I can't find the direct quotes, but Jagr did mention in a post-game interview that if he hadn't gone to the KHL for a few years, he never would have returned to the NHL.

Yes, I remember him saying that. Leaving the league, but still playing hockey, probably motivated him that much more to return and to do so with such vigor.

Archived