The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Back-end depth = 2 trade proposals= 3 good lines

Firstly, Trade#1;

This one has been speculated by team 1040 and makes complete sense for both teams, Tanev for Landeskog, this would be an excellent deal for both teams, total hockey trade, money works and both teams will miss their pieces but both teams need help in those specific areas, Vancouver needs a solid 20 goal scorer whom plays top minutes and has a aggressiveness-heavier style. Where as Colorado needs a high end defender that can play lots of minutes that can skate and move the puck.

Secondly, Trade #2;

This deal is great for both clubs because Edler gives the Flyers a #1 left defender that eats lots of minutes and pushes Del Zotto to the second pair making the Flyers defense more balanced. Schenn gives the Canucks another 20 goal scorer who can play in all situations and also plays a heavier style which we need to compete in this division.

New look lines;

Schenn    Horvat     Landeskog

Sedin     Sedin      Hansen

Baertschi    Sutter    Eriksson

Skille    Granlund    Burrows

lots of depth up front and 3 strong lines with great balance.

Hutton    Stetcher

Sbisa     Gudbranson

Tryamkin    Biega

Defense looks young and weaker but  I could see Benning taking another defender in the first round and with Juolevi and Brisebois probably making the team next year we need to move defenders to make room, so why not hurt now, get the 2 top 6 forwards we desperately need, Hutton, Stetcher and Tryamkin get big developmental minutes, we possibly get a top 5 overall pick in the draft in 2017 and with Brock Boeser coming next year hopefully, all of a sudden the light at the end of the tunnel becomes very evident. Thoughts...

Flyers don't need another LD. In fact with the prospects they have at defense its highly unlikely they make a trade for a defenseman.

The Avs are having trouble scoring, trading one of the few top 6 forwards for a defenseman is not something they can afford to do. I think there is too much wrong with the Avs to be able to fix with trades. They need to blow that team up, not try and patch any holes as there are too many to fix.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Flyers don't need another LD. In fact with the prospects they have at defense its highly unlikely they make a trade for a defenseman.

The Avs are having trouble scoring, trading one of the few top 6 forwards for a defenseman is not something they can afford to do. I think there is too much wrong with the Avs to be able to fix with trades. They need to blow that team up, not try and patch any holes as there are too many to fix.

1040 guys were talking about the AV's needing to blow things up too.  Sutter for Duchene should help them replace ROR.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

1040 guys were talking about the AV's needing to blow things up too.  Sutter for Duchene should help them replace ROR.

Put down the glue, you really need to lay off that stuff. Every post I see you make leaves me shaking my head in wonder.

16 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Sure. But the Avs don't live in the same bubble as you.

We can dream though, can't we?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I could get on board with this trade. May have to sweeten it a little, Av's are pretty high on Duchene. Add J.Subban or Pedan?

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Yea. No excuses they should've been a contending team by now with all that young talent. Blow it up and build around Mackinnon. 

On 12/21/2016 at 6:59 PM, Fateless said:

I'm okay with trading Tanev OR Edler. Not both. That defence is terrible and putting Juo in there is going to ruin his development. 

I would rather trade Edler.

On paper, at least, trading Tanev would make our d core seem unbalanced. I like his defensive dependability and feel it is Edler who has drug Tanev's game down a bit with bad mistakes and poor decision making. Without him as a defensive partner, I think Edler's defensive numbers would be back to the minus -39 of a couple seasons ago. Add to this, the fact that his offense has all but dried up and I see a player needing a change 

This being said, I don't think Philly would consider a deal involving Schenn, as he is key to their organization. 

I've been looking up prospects from other teams and one that I like is Nick Paul in the Ottawa organization. He's got good size, provides a bit of grit and is filling out nicely. 

I don't believe Edler gets it done by himself but, maybe an add would do it (not a draft pick). To be honest though, I'd be happy with a draft pick from whoever will take him. 

Could we get burned in a trade for a draft pick? Absolutely, but the fact is remains that he's not performing here, so in my estimation is a chance being taken by the trade partner, thus the harsh estimated trade value.

Keeping Tanev maintains balance between offense and defense from the blueline. We keep the young guys and allow them the value of added ice time and responsibility that comes with it, to continue their development. i believe that, with a couple seasons of working together, this defense will come together as a cohesive unit and roles will become clear; All they need is time.

Tryamkin           Stetcher

Hutton               Tanev

Juolevi              Gudbranson

Sbisa

Obviously, there would be variations in pairings, but I believe that this could be a very solid core, moving forward.

Archived