The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] VAN-EDM

Sutter and Subban for RNH.

This gives EDM a better shutdown centre, can elevate his play an a great face-off man. With Subban they get a Defenseman who has offensive potential and could help provide those slick passes to their speedy forwards. Sutter may not mind playing where his family lives in Alberta. Edms' 1 & 2 are set for years to come with McDavid and Draisaitl. Free's up $1.5M in cap space for re-signings.

Canucks get a local boy who can be that centre we badly desire. Not to mention eases the pain if we don't get top 5 pick. RNH can flexs his offensive muscles again, no longer needed to be the shut down guy.

It works because two teams needs get addressed with EDM: a good face-off and shut down centre plus cheaper. Van: gets that Centre we need to replace Henrik with.

Sutter:

9 goals

9 assists in 33 games

54,7% faceoffs

Key right handed draw and shot, penalty killer, all situations type player.

4.4 million cap hit.

RNH:

6 goals (half of them on the powerplay)

10 assists in 35 games

45.1% faceoffs.

Easier minutes, smaller, another left-handed center

6 million cap hit.

Not sure why this team would need RNH more than it does Sutter. 

26 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter:

9 goals

9 assists in 33 games

54,7% faceoffs

Key right handed draw and shot, penalty killer, all situations type player.

4.4 million cap hit.

RNH:

6 goals (half of them on the powerplay)

10 assists in 35 games

45.1% faceoffs.

Easier minutes, smaller, another left-handed center

6 million cap hit.

Not sure why this team would need RNH more than it does Sutter. 

Matt Duchene

12 goals

10 assists

how about him for Sutter?

Edmonton is gonna have to pay up big for Leon this offseason after which will leave them between a rock and a hard place to give McJesus that fat contract he will demand. Not to mention Pool Party the following season. They have literally no expiring big ticket contracts coming off the books they can't offer Leon a bridge cuz after they pay MCD they won't have anything left to pay Leon. I have no desire to help them move from under those huge contracts with term I'm sure every GM in the league wants to watch them sweat when MCD goes RFA and they don't have any money to pay him. This offseason when they don't have any money to pay Leon I'd swoop in and offer Tanev for Leons rights and Caguila when they realize they won't be able to keep either of them. And their still stuck chewing on RNH at 6 mill Lucic at 6 Pouliot at 4 and  staring down the barrel at losing Nurse and Pool Party for nothing. 

Why I do this?? Tanev isn't mean and can't shoot or hit he's hamhuis light. If we are gonna have to play them all of the time at least he won't be hurting anybody. Last thing we need is for the Oil to get big and mean and have MCD. Tanner keeps their top 4D soft n supple especially when they loose Nurse.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, Dixon Ward said:

I think Draisaitl is going to be one of the best all around centres in the league very soon. He might be a better long term fix than Nolan Patrick.  I am not sure what it would take or what I would do, but if he is available, I hope Benning is giving it a long hard look.

I was thinking the same thing. It would get very interesting if he made RFA, knowing that McJesus is coming up for his first big contract. Both are going to want big money. This is one that I would offer up a Tanev as part of a deal. They still have glaring needs on defense and he would go a long way to improving that. What else would have to be added, I don't know but it would have to be, seriously looked at, given their pending predicament.

Archived