The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RODIN called up

darkpoet

55 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Ever since WD put Burr on that line, it has been producing like a legit second line, or even a mediocre first line. Aren't you at all concerned that until Burr was put on that line, none of them were really producing?

Of course but if burrows could do that for Horvat and Baer, maybe he can jumpstart Eriksson to be producing at a 2nd line pace. Baer got his goal last game by blocking a shot and getting a breakaway. Horvat drives the offence on that line. Burrows left a lasting impression on that line and hopefully those 2 can rub it off on Rodin. This is also where i see him being the most successful as well. My logic is here to place a new player to play with teammates who are playing their best hockey instead of guys who are still searching for their consistency. And moving a guy who is playing consistently with guys who are searching for theirs can help them get into rhythm. The new player is an unknown so you'd want to surround him with the best people to get the best out of him. Imagine what could be if Rodin starts rolling with Baer and Bo. Someone who has higher offensive upside than Burrows.

2 hours ago, Jonald said:

Of course but if burrows could do that for Horvat and Baer, maybe he can jumpstart Eriksson to be producing at a 2nd line pace. Baer got his goal last game by blocking a shot and getting a breakaway. Horvat drives the offence on that line. Burrows left a lasting impression on that line and hopefully those 2 can rub it off on Rodin. This is also where i see him being the most successful as well. My logic is here to place a new player to play with teammates who are playing their best hockey instead of guys who are still searching for their consistency. And moving a guy who is playing consistently with guys who are searching for theirs can help them get into rhythm. The new player is an unknown so you'd want to surround him with the best people to get the best out of him. Imagine what could be if Rodin starts rolling with Baer and Bo. Someone who has higher offensive upside than Burrows.

At the beginning of the season I wanted to see him with Bo and Baer but burr has been playing some of the best hockey he's been playing in years I don't want to see that stop. I wouldn't mind seeing him with the twins and have hansen Sutter and Erikson. And then granny on fourth line I guess...Trade bait? 

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Having another RH shot on the PP with the twins sure won't hurt. I'm assuming he's going to take Granny's spot on the 2nd line with Loui and Sutter? It might help to get Loui going to have an actual sniper on the other side of Sutter. 

He's a left handed shot bud

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Would like to see Rodin in the lineup;  but would also like to see Labate and/or Pedan in there to keep that sob Fur-gland honest.

The lineup definitely needs more sandpaper.

We were supposed to get that with Guddy and Trank - and so far both of them look scared to really drill anybody.

Biega has thrown more hits that those two guys and he's 5'10" 190 lbs

Up to me I'm pulling out Chaput. Megna brings some much needed speed. Chaput seems kind of lost up here. Stick Rodin in, send Chaput down and see what gels.

12 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Start him on the 4th line with minimal minutes and first unit PP of course, then we'll see if he can bump someone out of our pretty solid top-9 so far. 

Solid top 9?  

We are one of the worst teams in the league, and you call our forward group solid? 

Hahahahahahahahahah

they suck.  Big time.  

Not a single player on this team isn't replaceable with the exception of maybe 2-3 players.   

If we have someone better, they go in. 

Hope Rodin is playing tonight?? Our team is so dying for offense.... we should call up Virtanen too... send down Chaput and Megna. 

At this point we just gotta let our best prospects play.... at least try to sell a false hope than playing a bunch of AHLers losing 3-1 games.....

12 hours ago, Jonald said:

Were 30 some games in the season and you want to throw someone whose coming off an injury never played an NHL game onto our second line genious.

He is not a fourth line plug why any coach who lacks scoring punch would place Rodin on a fourth line with lack of skilled players there is just wrong.

I would try him with Erickson an Sutter line an keep them together for at least a half dozen games an try ignite Loui to break out of funk . Put Granny on the Sedin line tonight.

Archived