The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jets @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Continue to be very pleased with the makeshift 4th line - they're giving up next to nothing - which is what is needed of them. 

True, but I would still like to see Cassels beat  Chaput for a job on the 4th line next year. Yes, I'm already thinking ahead to next year. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

True, but I would still like to see Cassels beat  Chaput for a job on the 4th line next year. Yes, I'm already thinking ahead to next year. 

I think Cassels will come around in due course - if I were betting, I think he'll be a late re-bloomer and an NHLer.  I think the majority of his problems have been injuries. Did they set him back too much?  He's still only 21, so here's hoping not.  I'd love to see him come back and give McJesus fits again.

Just now, oldnews said:

I think Cassels will come around in due course - if I were betting, I think he'll be a late re-bloomer and an NHLer.  I think the majority of his problems have been injuries. Did they set him back too much?  He's still only 21, so here's hoping not.  I'd love to see him come back and give McJesus fits again.

That was it, he was the one guy who kept McD from a memorial cup. I heard an interview on 1040 with Green, and it sounds like CC is making good progress. 

The Canucks need to work on their breakouts. The first pass is so important but they can't make it half the time;  third of the time, they just dumping it out.

When they do make the 1st pass, they have possession through the neutral zone and usually get the puck towards the net and generate chances.

This part of their game is brutal...practice breaking out over the x-mas break and then continue down the ice and practice setting up the attacK triangle and execute it.

If they improve this part of their game, they will start winning more games.

Just now, Pete M said:

The Canucks need to work on their breakouts. The first pass is so important but they can't make it half the time;  third of the time, they just dumping it out.

When they do make the 1st pass, they have possession through the neutral zone and usually get the puck towards the net and generate chances.

This part of their game is brutal...practice breaking out over the x-mas break and then continue down the ice and practice setting up the attach triangle and execute it.

If they improve this part of their game, they will start winning more games.

Tryamkin actually is OK at this, but 1/2 the time it seems his team mates can't handle the pass! I think his passing is a bit deceptive, its harder than it looks coming off his stick. 

A split with the Peg.  Not so bad.

I love that team - perhaps Scheifele can be the leadership they need in due course.  Still a young group that is going to be very fun to watch for a long time.  Can't wait to see them start dominating the Central - and the annoying California teams.

Archived