The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No hearing for Perreault after knee on knee to Hansen

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Anyone have a video for the knee on knee? 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/game-in-five-vs-jets/t-277437438/c-47672203

Go to just before the 2 minute part of the video.  I believe that's the knee.

Doesn't look like the smartest of hits by Perrault, but not sure if it's suspension worthy.  To me, it doesn't pass the "if the jersey's were switched would I accept a suspension" test.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Doesn't look like the smartest of hits by Perrault, but not sure if it's suspension worthy.  To me, it doesn't pass the "if the jersey's were switched would I accept a suspension" test.

Okay, I'll play. 

Obvious, cleat cut deliberate injury. No hearing; no discipline. 

Hansen will spear him in the face when they next meet. That's justice, NHL style.

Said a long time ago there's 2 rulebooks.

Then some wanker will pop up to throw the "conspiracy theorist" bs about.

They've ruined this league for me. Cdn teams have been mostly reduced to 'farm level' status. TML MIGHT be allowed to build a sustainable winner. The revenue for the league is too attractive. Then they could use one example, to hush allegations that they favour US franchises.

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Funny how the linesman knew it was a late hit and jumped in real quick!

giphy.gif

Lmao look at that linesman putting his life on danger just to protect the guy who did the dirty hit. What  &^@#ing joke. When Larsen was knocked out by Hall thd refs came in to defend Hall and let the unconscious guy lay there. THIS IS WHY WE NEED Pedan and Labate in the lineup to dish it back.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

When I first saw the hit (including the replay immediately after) I didn't think there was anything that would come of it after the game. Perreault was very late, but doesn't actually make contact with a bodycheck. He keeps his legs under him as well, rather than hang one out for a kneeing penalty that'd be worth anything further.

I hate to hear Hansen was injured after last night, but he comes up lame after this play (not the one this thread is about):

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Funny how the linesman knew it was a late hit and jumped in real quick!

giphy.gif

Late, yes, but it wasn't actually a successful hit. Hansen completely side-steps him when he sees he isn't slowing down. Unfortunately for Hansen, the only thing left behind is his leg, which Perreault runs into.

I agree with Henrik's comments after the game this was dirty, but it isn't worth a suspension from the knee contact alone.

John Garrett pointed out during intermmisson that the NHL has been inconsistent in ruling, such as Burrows pushing the goalie's pad and not counting yet allowed Litt'e's goal when he did the same thing.  Same goes for these tripping or questionable hits, the hate towards Vancouver continues on.

Hansen had a target on his back after he had the audacity to cleanly hit their  6 foot 5 butter boy captain.    

Its too bad our team doesnt have some of the same mentality.  Instead they bend over when an 18 year old rookie knocks our captain over like a sack of balloons.  They scare nobody - and other teams come in here and take advantage of that.  Full props to Hansen for being one of the few that will stick up for team mates.  It seems nobody stuck up for Hansen as perreault finished the game unscathed.

Its time to stop depending on the league for justice.  The team needs to change its culture and (sad to say) leadership.  You go after our captain or star player and your life and the star player on your teams life will become miserable - time to instil some pride in the team and the fan base instead of the rag doll punch me in the head and turn the other cheek crap we have seen here for years.

Sadly we're looking like we're going back further than the days when there was at least a code.  Now when a guy gets taken runs at with no protection, he has to choose whether he can do something brash enough that no one dares take runs at him again or whether he keeps putting his body on the line and has to live with the damage 50 years after his career ends.

• 1 month later...

Archived