The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Hectic said:

If Mike Babcock was the coach and we finished last in the league, would you want him fired? 

No way this team would ignore Babcock like they do Willie. You can't fire the players. 

If Baer did not come back on s play do you think he would be horrified to skate back to the bench? Do you think he is horrified of Willie? Certain coaches command respect naturally . Babcock, quenville, Torts, AV 

Willie is nowhere near that list 

It sucks but I think we are going to have to stomach a few years of this.

Its glorious to talk about getting younger and more talented but unfortunately this is what the process looks like.  Teams like Edmonton, Toronto, Winnipeg and even those Shames have dwelled in the basement for a long time while collecting picks and getting rid of vets for draft picks and prospects.

What concerns me is if JB and co will make the most of the high draft picks.  Perhaps they pick the right guy, but they end up not developing the player properly.

Look at Jake, the guy was a terror in Junior he had a pro shot and was a force.  How can you blame JB for taking him?  What I do blame them for is how they handled him.  Bring him here, give him less than 10 minutes, destroy his confidence, now send him down to Utica where the roster has been depleted  because the Canucks have no depth.  Have fun developing there Jake.

There is something seriously wrong here.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

No way this team would ignore Babcock like they do Willie. You can't fire the players. 

If Baer did not come back on s play do you think he would be horrified to skate back to the bench? Do you think he is horrified of Willie? Certain coaches command respect naturally . Babcock, quenville, Torts, AV 

Willie is nowhere near that list 

Did you forget we had Torts, a guy who you say commands respect, but our players tuned out?
Every coach style doesn't work for every group of players.

Management hired Willie trying to emulate AV thinking they have all the time in the world to retool an reload .

poor leadership starts at the top of players are not motivated to perform under said coach

.Itonly mirrors true leadership at the top .

No one expects this group to win as many games as the Sedin glory years.

But to not compete with little to no effort is totally demoralizing for fan base who have suffered patiently for many years.

This is unacceptable an does not meet expectations. 

What heads will roll ?

What is it gonna take to wake this team up?

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

The vets on this team have now tuned out 3 coaches. Maybe the problem is the veteran "leaders"

I am not disagreeing. There is definitely still a stagnation problem in our personnel that is going to take years to resolve. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We weren't making enough plays and our battle level wasn't high enough tonight." - Henrik

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0appWnVQAAWdHo.jpg

I would love for someone to ask him why, and then why it keeps happening.

Archived