The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Eriksson

dpn1

With the way LE's deal is for the next 5 year, is it possible to trade him at the Trade Deadline?  I think this could be the worst off-season signing the Canuckc have ever made in their complete time in the NHL. It seems like he has no clue to why he is out on the ice most of the time.  I don't even know if he has a no trade clause that makes moving him more difficult.  He seems to be uninterested out there and on most nights he seems invisible.  I always thought not hearing a d-mans name a lot during a game is a good thing because he probably isn't making any real mistakes. The opposite goes for the forwards.  I hardly ever hear LE. 

16 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

With the way LE's deal is for the next 5 year, is it possible to trade him at the Trade Deadline?  I think this could be the worst off-season signing the Canuckc have ever made in their complete time in the NHL. It seems like he has no clue to why he is out on the ice most of the time.  I don't even know if he has a no trade clause that makes moving him more difficult.  He seems to be uninterested out there and on most nights he seems invisible.  I always thought not hearing a d-mans name a lot during a game is a good thing because he probably isn't making any real mistakes. The opposite goes for the forwards.  I hardly ever hear LE. 

I told everyone on CDC awhile ago that this was a terrible signing, but I got nothing but negatives for it. Most on here think he is a great addition to the club, I don't know why. 

They either don't know hockey or don't want to admit Jim's huge mistake. Either way it's horrible for this hockey club and no team in their right mind would take him now.

44 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I told everyone on CDC awhile ago that this was a terrible signing, but I got nothing but negatives for it. Most on here think he is a great addition to the club, I don't know why. 

They either don't know hockey or don't want to admit Jim's huge mistake. Either way it's horrible for this hockey club and no team in their right mind would take him now.

Because most on here are cheerleaders not fans, you don't remember the threads about how stupid the "media" was for saying the Canucks would suck this season? 

NTC and NMC..  he is unmovable until the last two years of his contract where he can list 15 teams he can refuse to go to.

And lets be realistic no team will take his 6 million cap hit now, in 4 more years no chance hell.

he has 7 million left of salary and 21 million left in signing bonuses. He will get his money.  We could offer to buy him out but our management wont do that and eat all that money.

were screwed Eriksson will be a Canuck for the full 6 years...  

8 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

NTC and NMC..  he is unmovable until the last two years of his contract where he can list 15 teams he can refuse to go to.

And lets be realistic no team will take his 6 million cap hit now, in 4 more years no chance hell.

he has 7 million left of salary and 21 million left in signing bonuses. He will get his money.  We could offer to buy him out but our management wont do that and eat all that money.

were screwed Eriksson will be a Canuck for the full 6 years...  

I'm sure he'd waive to go to a contender, or back to Boston.

I'm sure a team would take him if we ate some of the salary, which shouldn't be a big deal.  Rebuilding teams shouldn't be tight for cap room.

3 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Lol its a contract you cant re-write it..  Even if this was at all possible, no team NO team would ever consider taking his massive crap contract.  Who wants to pay junk 6 million for 6 years?  We just signed it and 35 games in realize its a huge mistake and think we can just dump it?  

I hate the Eriksson signing but he's not junk.  Canucks would have to eat some of the salary.

If Eriksson is willing to waive, the Canucks eat part of his salary, and the club taking him agrees to honor his NMC or at least protect him from expansion, there is no reason he can't be traded. 

He could garner a half decent return. We also may see the twins retire at the end of this year.   With the way things are right now, both could get to 1k in points, and hang up the skates. They should be first ballot HOF players and that a heck of great career. Won it all, but the Stanely. 

We would have a ton of cap room and be well on our way to the new core. 

Boston probably could of resigned him for 4.5-5 million for 3-4 years..  Even they were like no thanks take care loui.  They wont want him back now at that contract even if we could eat half of it somehow.   We are stuck with Eriksson for the rest of this contract

mistake overpayment for a UFA by a GM desperate to do something.  more money then brains.  If i owned this team id fire him for that signing..  

1 minute ago, xRussianrocket said:

Boston probably could of resigned him for 4.5-5 million for 3-4 years..  Even they were like no thanks take care loui.  They wont want him back now at that contract even if we could eat half of it somehow.   We are stuck with Eriksson for the rest of this contract

mistake overpayment for a UFA by a GM desperate to do something.  more money then brains.  If i owned this team id fire him for that signing..  

It's possible that this could've been ownership's idea, sign a top (lol) UFA to generate interest in the team. I'm not saying that's definitely the case but it could be.

Just now, Sweathog said:

It's possible that this could've been ownership's idea, sign a top (lol) UFA to generate interest in the team. I'm not saying that's definitely the case but it could be.

I believe that too actually i wouldnt doubt if they pushed him to sign someone get some butts in the seats hopefully make some of that sweet playoff money cake. Now interest and merchandise sales in this team are at historic lows, people dont even pretend to believe in this club anymore.

FYI - Right now, He is the highest paid player on the team at $8M/yr, and next year to.

"30 goal scorer" Loui Eriksson has 6 goals in 34 games, on pace for 14 this year. He hasn't scored since Nov.8.

SEASON CLAUSE CAP HIT q2.svg AAV q2.svg S. BONUSES q2.svg P. BONUSES q2.svg NHL SALARY q2.svg AHL SALARY q2.svg
2016-17 NMC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $7,000,000 $0 $8,000,000 $8,000,000
2017-18 NMC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $7,000,000 $0 $8,000,000 $8,000,000
2018-19 NTC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $0 $7,000,000 $7,000,000
2019-20 NTC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $4,000,000 $0 $5,000,000 $5,000,000
2020-21 Modified NTC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $3,000,000 $0 $4,000,000 $4,000,000
2021-22 Modified NTC $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $1,000,000 $0 $4,000,000 $4,000,000
CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC: Starting 2020-21, Player submits a 15 team no trade list

Archived