The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MayRay is on the CAN. Spengler Cup Team

Mackcanuck

C0kVricVEAAePbI.jpg

This year’s team also includes five members (three forwards, one defenceman, and one goaltender) from the 2015 Spengler Cup championship team: Chris DiDomenico (Woodbridge, Ont./SCL Tigers, NLA), Cory Emmerton (St. Thomas, Ont./HC Ambri-Piotta, NLA), Drew MacIntyre (Stratford, P.E.I./KHL Medvescak Zagreb, KHL), James Sheppard (Lower Sackville, N.S./EHC Kloten, NLA), and Daniel Vukovic (Toronto, Ont./Genève-Servette HC, NLA).

The remaining 18 players are:

• Goaltenders: Jordon Cooke (Leduc, Alta./University of Saskatchewan, CWUAA), Zach Fucale(Rosemère, Que./Brampton, ECHL);
  • Defencemen: Mark Flood (Sherwood, P.E.I./EC Red Bull Salzburg, EBEL), Chay Genoway(Morden, Man./Jokerit Helsinki, KHL), Brandon Gormley (Murray River, P.E.I./Albany, AHL), Shaun Heshka (Melville, Sask./Kärpät Oulu, Liiga), Shaone Morrisonn (Vancouver, B.C./KHL Medvescak Zagreb, KHL), Maxim Noreau (Montreal, Que./SC Bern, NLA), and Blake Parlett(Bracebridge, Ont./KHL Medvescak Zagreb, KHL); and
  • Forwards: Gregory Campbell (Tillsonburg, Ont./Hockey Canada), Andrew Ebbett (Vernon, B.C./SC Bern, NLA), Colby Genoway (Morden, Man./KHL Medvescak Zagreb, KHL), Dustin Jeffrey (Camlachie, Ont./Lausanne HC, NLA), David McIntyre (Pefferlaw, Ont./EV Zug, NLA), Jacob Micflikier (Winnipeg, Man./EHC Biel-Bienne, NLA), Marc-Antoine Pouliot (Quebec City, Que./EHC Biel-Bienne, NLA), Mason Raymond (Cochrane, Alta./Hockey Canada), and Nick Spaling (Drayton, Ont./Genève-Servette HC, NLA).

36 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Great all the best to him.

His name, Fucale, and Campbell are the only ones that I recognize.  Year after year, I say that no one in NA pays attention to the Spengler Cup, that it's a nothing cup but many will try to correct me.  So cue it up and let her rip.  

You don't remember Ebbett?

3 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

What's the point with the Spengler Cup? 

The Spengler Cup has been going since 1923, It is and always has been an invitation only International tournament.

The only part of it that I am not a fan of, Is making the players and ice surface into advertising billboards, but I guess they have to pay for it somehow, but man it is ridiculous.

These guys are representing our Country, I usually watch at least some of it.

It will be cool to see MayRay playing.

23 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I always used to watch this tournament to see Brandon Reid. I stopped when he quit going haha. It's decent hockey, though, and usually worth catching a game or two.

He was always awesome to have on your team in the old NHL games. So damn fast

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I always used to watch this tournament to see Brandon Reid. I stopped when he quit going haha. It's decent hockey, though, and usually worth catching a game or two.

Don't forget Byron Ritchie, Josh Holden, Ryan Parent, Joel Perreault, and Alex Bolduc.

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I used to slay with Brandon Reid in NHL 07. Dat speed

Archived