The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edward Snowden Hero Or Traitor?

JV77

Hero obviously.

He leaked footage of the NSA recording people without their consent on common household devices with cameras (laptops, computers, webcams, etc.)

For example,

Hot girls changing in their room right in front of their laptop unknowingly being recorded (fapped to) by NSA agents.

Just now, BigCountry18 said:

Hero obviously.

He leaked footage of the NSA recording people without their consent on common household devices with cameras (laptops, computers, webcams, etc.)

For example,

Hot girls changing in their room right in front of their laptop unknowingly being recorded (fapped to) by NSA agents.

I don't get how people have an issue with what he did, he wouldn't of had to do what he did, if the NSA wasn't doing what they were doing. 

13 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

It's why he is living in Russia, he basically fled as soon as what he did, came out. He's being protected in Russia. 

So he's going to live in Russia for the rest of his life?  How is he paying for this protection?  There is more here than we get to know.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So he's going to live in Russia for the rest of his life?  How is he paying for this protection?  There is more here than we get to know.  

his gf or maybe wife I don't know.. lives there with him I believe. 
Generally when you are a genius, like him, you don't have to pay to be places.They want you their helping them. I'm sure he's working. Who knows though. 

Just now, Justdean10 said:

his gf or maybe wife I don't know.. lives there with him I believe. 
Generally when you are a genius, like him, you don't have to pay to be places.They want you their helping them. I'm sure he's working. Who knows though. 

So a guy makes the NSA look criminal, and hides in Russia.  Hmmmm...I'd say there is a definite connection between what he did, and Russian support.  

Did he release this information prior to Russian protection?  

Just now, Alflives said:

So a guy makes the NSA look criminal, and hides in Russia.  Hmmmm...I'd say there is a definite connection between what he did, and Russian support.  

yeah I believe he actually went somewhere else first, and then went to go to another place but had a stop over in Russia and then they his passport got cancelled so he was stuck in Russia.. from what he says, he had no intentions of staying Russia.

L

1 hour ago, Justdean10 said:

yeah I believe he actually went somewhere else first, and then went to go to another place but had a stop over in Russia and then they his passport got cancelled so he was stuck in Russia.. from what he says, he had no intentions of staying Russia.

Or so he says.  I would question his motives, opportunity, and planned release of the information.  

hes a hero but losing credibility by talking to the russians. what he did was expose the NSA as a whistleblower, and whistleblowers shouldnt be treated like criminals or as treason. Hed more or less face the death penalty if he came back to the USA especially with trump in control.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He went to a few countries first, I can't he say he did or didn't do anything in the name of Mother Russia, but his travel was well documented and he isn't necessarily "free" in Russia.  I doubt it has anything to do with them.  He should have made a better plan, if he played his cards right, he could have used domestic support within the US to force a pardon for doing what many believe was the right thing.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Putin and Russia have granted him asylum for 3 years, and I'm they are using him for information.  His plan was to actually get to Latin American such as Ecuador where they have granted him permanent asylum.  But the problem is getting there because there are no direct flights out of Russia and he can't take the chance with connecting flights because they may give him up to America. 

But it may get very interesting when Trump officially comes to power and he may request to Putin to give him Snowden because of their supposed friendship.  Trump has been on record to even saying Snowden should be executed.

Archived