The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]. Sam Reinhart

Alflives

32 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

It was rumoured that Benning went pretty hard to move up in the 2014 draft to get Reinhart.

Well maybe there is a way, that doesn't cost us a young player or prospect, to get Sam here now.  The Sabres already have Eichel and ROR to fill their first two centre spots.  That leaves Sam as a really good trade chip.  The article I read sure makes it sound like they are open for business.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

It sounds like they are needing to make big changes in Buffalo.  They are horribly underperforming, and expected to be more like the Oilers level this year.

Tanev + Granlund?

A guy who has been there for 1 full season isn't the guy to change up. They are still a young team and are just going through a bad stretch. They are almost at .500

2 hours ago, logic said:

I like the basis of the idea but you are NOT getting Reinhart for that lmao

This.

If JB wants SR in a Canucks jersey he's likely looking at having to part with something like Tanev/Boeser.  I'm not saying JB should/would do that, but that's Buffalo's asking price potentially.

45 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This.

If JB wants SR in a Canucks jersey he's likely looking at having to part with something like Tanev/Boeser.  I'm not saying JB should/would do that, but that's Buffalo's asking price potentially.

A buddy of mine is a huge sabres fan, follows the team closely, Sabres forums etc. We talked about the SR to Van idea a few weeks ago ( after he was sure it had to be Bo to Buffalo if we wanted SR ) he's backed off a bit.

Still, Boeser +, or Bo is the demand....

But Kane is worth a second and that's it, IMO, and he agrees.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

A buddy of mine is a huge sabres fan, follows the team closely, Sabres forums etc. We talked about the SR to Van idea a few weeks ago ( after he was sure it had to be Bo to Buffalo if we wanted SR ) he's backed off a bit.

Still, Boeser +, or Bo is the demand....

But Kane is worth a second and that's it, IMO, and he agrees.

Kane for a second?  Would you do that?

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kane for a second?  Would you do that?

Don't think our cap room allows it.... but okay.

Pretty sure he just hates Kane, but given Kane's cap hit and his lamesauce production... I can see why. He figures we'd hate Kane in Vancouver, he plays like Virtanen, but makes a lot more money. 

The question is - could WD get Kane going? I think not. 

Edit - @Alflives - would you do it?

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Well maybe there is a way, that doesn't cost us a young player or prospect, to get Sam here now.  The Sabres already have Eichel and ROR to fill their first two centre spots.  That leaves Sam as a really good trade chip.  The article I read sure makes it sound like they are open for business.

"Center Ryan O'Reilly had an appendectomy on Christmas Day in Buffalo General Hospital and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

The Sabres will not make a recall to replace O'Reilly for tonight's game. They have been carrying an extra forward on their roster; Nicolas Deslauriers was a healthy scratch for the team's most recent game Friday in Brooklyn and will return to the lineup tonight.

Sam Reinhart will move from wing to center, taking O'Reilly's spot with Zemgus Girgensons and Kyle Okposo"

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/27/sabres-oreilly-appendectomy-indefinite-period/

27 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

"Center Ryan O'Reilly had an appendectomy on Christmas Day in Buffalo General Hospital and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

The Sabres will not make a recall to replace O'Reilly for tonight's game. They have been carrying an extra forward on their roster; Nicolas Deslauriers was a healthy scratch for the team's most recent game Friday in Brooklyn and will return to the lineup tonight.

Sam Reinhart will move from wing to center, taking O'Reilly's spot with Zemgus Girgensons and Kyle Okposo"

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/27/sabres-oreilly-appendectomy-indefinite-period/

So Reinhart wasn't good enough to play centre, and needed injury to get his spot back.  Hmmmm.  Me thinks maybe Samboy is not good enough.  Okay, Alf is off the Sam Reinhart trade. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So Reinhart wasn't good enough to play centre, and needed injury to get his spot back.  Hmmmm.  Me thinks maybe Samboy is not good enough.  Okay, Alf is off the Sam Reinhart trade. 

You are right that they need to work on their depth at D, especially going into next season, but SR is a pretty big piece of their franchise going forward.  To get him would take a big payment, especially given how they fared in the Kane and Lehner deals.  Murray is probably much more shrewd and gun shy to pull the trigger on trades.

Archived