The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

Not cooking, yet, but in late August my father and I are going on a barge in Northern BC to go Salmon, Halibut, and Cod fishing for 4 days. Will be coming back with roughly 100lbs of fish. Going to be cooking a lot (and giving away) or fish. Yum! Yum!

• Upvote 1

Dinner tonight?

European hotdogs. Boiled first with small cuts throughout to open it up. Then put on the cast iron to get a little colour. Italian extra soft hot dog buns (browned) to put them on, with a sour cream sauce, which has avocado oil, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper in it. Maple Bacon as a garnish.

Homemade French Fries afterwards.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

-Gave a roasting chicken a classic dryrub then slow cooked that bird at 225, breast side down for 6hrs.

-Baby smashed tater tots-

boiled for 10 mins then dried and cooled.

Heat skillet with a good amount of olive oil, throw baby taters in skillet and smush each one into a coin in the hot oil. Season (I used rosemary, garlic, salt n pepper).

Leave on first side until crispy

Flip

Make the other side crispy.

Boom

- Served with *steamed* carrots and green / yellow beans ; mixed green salad (all veg from the garden) 

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Monty said:

Not cooking, yet, but in late August my father and I are going on a barge in Northern BC to go Salmon, Halibut, and Cod fishing for 4 days. Will be coming back with roughly 100lbs of fish. Going to be cooking a lot (and giving away) or fish. Yum! Yum!

So went fishing a little over a week ago to Haida Gwaii for salmon fishing. First cooked tonight.

D95D68EE-3931-4834-89E5-0D5689D2E380.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, Monty said:

Finally. FINALLY, after about a year of grinding my own meat, I’ve nailed the perfect blend for my burgers. 

Honestly, you have no idea how many times it took to get the perfect blend. So thrilled.

Do tell

I'm always game to try out a new burger.

• 2 weeks later...