The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

• 3 weeks later...

No pics this time, but just have to say, my gastrique was on point tonight!

(Also no pics because I made a mess in the kitchen, lol)

My happiest moments as a home cook are when I get my sauces just right.

Tonight, we’re having thick cut, bone-in pork chops, pan fried, with a balsamic apricot gastrique. Also on the menu: nugget potatoes, rice (kids wanted rice), corn on the cob, peas, broccoli, and some fresh French bread.

And eating at this ungodly early hour (5pm) because kids were almost starting to gnaw on my leg with their hunger.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so not cooking, but bought the most expensive coffee in the world a few days ago, Kopi Luwak. It’s the coffee that is partially digested cherries, that are fermented in the digestive system of an Asian Civet, defecated out, and then harvested afterwards.

I bough a very small amount, that is still expensive ($39.99 for 125grams). But holy sh*t, this is the best coffee I’ve ever had.

I’ll buy it once a year going forward, likely 225grams for $59.99 every Christmas. It’s such a treat.

DFF5BDCA-AA9A-4AD3-A633-4BC5EE8504AE.thumb.jpeg.21c6a3c75c28f12678366245ef8cf695.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Been making some great food lately. No pics, but maybe tomorrow or the next day. Advanced to growing own herbs, using fresh basil, dill, and thyme.

Would like to make lobster rolls tomorrow, but it’s just me and the 4 year old for a week. While she’s not picky, I also don’t really want to buy lobster just for her and me.

• Upvote 1

Made a huge roaster of Beyond Meat lasagna....can't really tell that it's not "meat" at all.  Was the best one I've made yet.  Was supposed to be for my daughter's camping trip....but I had to sample a corner "to make sure it's cooked properly".  Then they came to pick it up and had some and then some more.

Good thing I cooked as much as I did...they now have half a roaster full to take with them....

image.png

image.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Made a huge roaster of Beyond Meat lasagna....can't really tell that it's not "meat" at all.  Was the best one I've made yet.  Was supposed to be for my daughter's camping trip....but I had to sample a corner "to make sure it's cooked properly".  Then they came to pick it up and had some and then some more.

Good thing I cooked as much as I did...they now have half a roaster full to take with them....

image.png

image.png

Damn that looks good. 

• Cheers 1
3 hours ago, Monty said:

Homemade Ravioli

AC42C349-B017-4C2D-A043-68E2FC484072.thumb.jpeg.6fe7554958091a4e39af58e1e44ecb69.jpeg

As for the taste, I was the only one that wasn’t crazy about it. Filling was Italian sausage, eggs (always needed for ravioli filling to keep moist), and Parmesan. Wife loved it. 4 year old went crazy for it. 15 month old loved it. For some reason, just wasn’t my favourite. The “sauce” on top was a simple butter and sage mixture. 

Next time I make ravioli, will either do a beef and spinach filling, or a sweet potato filling with nutmeg.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, brilac said:

Are you left handed too?  My stove is just like yours, but I have never cooked on it.  I am afraid of it burning and a burnt spell, but I make good use of the stove. 

Yeah I am left handed.  Stove could use a good cleaning,