The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

23 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Tonight's menu? Geez man, it's like 3:30 in the morning! I'm not even thinking about food. Just lemme finish this big glass of ice cold water and I'll get back to you later....

regards,  G.

Hmm, it seems that my body liked the big glass full of ice cold water so much yesterday at this time, that it decided it wanted a round two...haven't a clue about dinner.

regards,  G.

Ah, the life of a Dad who cooks all the dinners:

Tonight we had mac and cheese (and chicken and salad).

Last time, I made up a recipe with four types of cheese and a bunch of seasonings. Kids loved it and cleaned their plates. Wife hated it. She says “it tastes like hotdogs” (she knows how to break my heart) and wasn’t cheesy enough.

So this time, I make a really traditional home made baked mac and cheese. Really creamy and loaded with sharp cheddar. Wife loves it! Kids, though? They say it’s too cheesy, not enough other flavours, and not as good as last time. One of them won’t touch it, and the other one is choking it down, buried in ketchup.

And, thing is, I know I made a good mac and cheese. Have brought countless different versions to potlucks all the time, people always rave, the giant pot gets practically licked clean, and everyone is happy (kids and adults).

Unfortunately, I guess I just live with a bunch of fussy *******s. :mad:

(OK, rant over. Just needed to vent.)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having nachos mixed with cheese, salsa, and peppers. It’s delicious and with champagne too. I love champagne, and it’s time for a second glass. Those candy wrappers in the background, those are over a course of a few days. I’m trying to cut the intake down to two bite size bars a day starting yesterday.  So Friday and Saturday and two from Sunday.

BC48F890-7245-4849-86D0-757FD33D5E2C.thumb.jpeg.c6850e7a7e11316aac297b67e9ff10da.jpeg

Enjoying the toaster oven! It comes with a 4-pot coffee maker attached and an option to cook eggs, sausage on top.  Plus I can the toaster oven settings to grill and bake.  Fun!

It’s bread with cheese on top and having a glass of champagne.

048FA22A-B571-45E7-A8AB-872C9DDC405F.thumb.jpeg.f68f63e316a379684124b582fd11c3b5.jpeg

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, brilac said:

Having nachos mixed with cheese, salsa, and peppers. It’s delicious and with champagne too. I love champagne, and it’s time for a second glass. Those candy wrappers in the background, those are over a course of a few days. I’m trying to cut the intake down to two bite size bars a day starting yesterday.  So Friday and Saturday and two from Sunday.

BC48F890-7245-4849-86D0-757FD33D5E2C.thumb.jpeg.c6850e7a7e11316aac297b67e9ff10da.jpeg

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh was it bussin'?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, brilac said:

Having a veggie patty sandwich toasted with salsa, cheese, and spinach.  kombucha to drink and cheesecake for dessert.

BBE5B139-6CEB-4B8D-9A33-90BA09EDA537.thumb.jpeg.347cc74efcee1b131ab8d7c681ecc44d.jpeg

brothers over atm and one of his work buddies hooked it up with some scallops so were doing steak, scallops and caeser salad. also your penguin coaster is awesome lol

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

brothers over atm and one of his work buddies hooked it up with some scallops so were doing steak, scallops and caeser salad. also your penguin coaster is awesome lol

Thanks, I have a set of them.  That sounds great with the scallops, steak, and caesar salad! Hope you take a picture and post it in here.