The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

^ That looks damn good!

I'm already prepping for Christmas eve dinner.  I'm making:

Turkey & faux turkey (for the vegetarians in the family)

Maple glazed ham with fresh pineapple

My world famous stuffing

Garlic mashed potatoes

Sauteed brussels sprouts with bacon

Roasted beets with balsamic and feta

Yams in brown sugar butter

Carrots

Homemade ginger/orange cranberry sauce

Daughter in law does the baking

Prep prep and more prep this week.

image.png

• Like 1
On 12/10/2021 at 12:43 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Whipped up a pork roast with seasoned oven roasted potatoes, gravy and some old school apple sauce.20200422_173950.thumb.jpg.0f94c8571bc6b73f5ac19dfc937cb3d6.jpg

Looks delicious.

I used to have to make fresh applesauce every other day....my bunny would ONLY take his meds/probiotics if they were in applesauce.  Couldn't be store bought....he'd turn his nose up at it.  Dad has 2 apple trees...so only the best for my guy.  Rest his little soul.

I haven't made any since he passed.

• Huggy Bear 2
2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

veggie burgers. Can't think about more bird meat for a while. 

My daughter (vegetarian) brought a Field Roast pastry rolled creation...truth be told, it was really good!   I never was big on turkey, more the veggies/stuffing/gravy/cranberries.  I cooked a 19 lb turkey and gave it all away to my son and dad...except for the bit I kept so I could make soup.

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

My daughter (vegetarian) brought a Field Roast pastry rolled creation...truth be told, it was really good!   I never was big on turkey, more the veggies/stuffing/gravy/cranberries.  I cooked a 19 lb turkey and gave it all away to my son and dad...except for the bit I kept so I could make soup.

I started making a ground turkey loaf instead of a full bird a few years ago, and its really good, goes over well with the family. Way easier to manage and really cost effective, and no dry meat.

We just make our own burgers - lots of good ideas: https://www.thespruceeats.com/top-most-popular-veggie-burger-recipes-3378630

• Vintage 1

Channeling my Mom and Mum in law....made a big pot of homemade ham and split pea soup.  Good stuff on a cold day.  Nothing fancy, but damn it's good.

Also making a roaster of cabbage rolls for Dad for tomorrow.  Easy dinners for him while I'm at work.

• Like 2

The wife wanted Bombay pasta salad, minus some proper ingredients however but still tastes yummy!

Rigatoni instead of Fusilli was the major difference haha, no raisins to add either ( very underrated part of the dish ), Italian parsely instead of cilantro but here it is....

• Like 4