The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Want Fin Fired as Mascot

fivethej

I'm looking at today's Province and there's a story about year end on-line polls everything Canucks, but what really caught my eye is that some Canucks fans actually want Fin gone as mascot. Fin is one of best mascots around - He does alot of charity stuff and the kids absolute love him.

Nice to see where the priorities are with this fan base. Instead of worrying about state of team/organization, some of fans are more concerned about going after the beloved mascot for absolutely no reason at all. Simply to be total dicks and because you're so upset with this team/organization so decide to take it out on poor old Fin. He's the lone bright spot of Canucks. What a total joke. You should be so embarrassed. Ignorance is abliss, including on THESE BOARDS.  

Fin doesnt do charity work, lol.  Any moron in any suit will do whatever the canucks management tell him to do.  Its probably a new guy in that thing weekly..  did i just wreck your mind?

lol i hate our logo and our stupid mascot. Orca bay is no more anyways.  I personally would love to drop the stench of orca bay past and assume a better identity. 

Just now, xRussianrocket said:

Fin doesnt do charity work, lol.  Any moron in any suit will do whatever the canucks management tell him to do.  Its probably a new guy in that thing weekly..  did i just wreck your mind?

lol i hate our logo and our stupid mascot. Orca bay is no more anyways.  I personally would love to drop the stench of orca bay past and assume a better identity. 

Yeah a greasy stinkin lumberjack with an axe is what we need.

8 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

It might not even be a guy...did I just wreck your mind?  :P

How is Fin's skating ?   I know he can swim fast but how does that transfer to skating on ice....

Does Fin  have any kind of a shot ?

We are in serious need of top 6 forwards and a shooter for our PowerPlay ...

Would FIN  be interested ?

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

How is Fin's skating ?   I know he can swim fast but how does that transfer to skating on ice....

Does Fin  have any kind of a shot ?

We are in serious need of top 6 forwards and a shooter for our PowerPlay ...

Would FIN  be interested ?

Forecheckin' Fin. Why not? 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Is there a correlation between the mascot and winning the cup? Should we rename Fin "Stanley"? 

man people are pretty small minded in where they direct their energies

i like the orca stuff. it is very appropriate given we are located in the pacific northwest

if the orca stuff bugs you cuz it irritates old sores.. well i think you have to get on with your life

the old regime that developed the orca stuff is long long gone

the team has done well in the meantime

not so much these days but that is another topic

anyway . fin is the mascot.. filled by whoever the people that pay the bills might hire

male or female

but the mascot is really not aimed at the adult fan segment

and if the kids like him that is all that really matters

i can't believe i typed so many words about something so trivial

32 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

rocket... rocket... finn isn't a guy.  he is an orca.  get your facts straight! :P

40 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

You mean it's a suit..? :o 

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

man people are pretty small minded in where they direct their energies

i like the orca stuff. it is very appropriate given we are located in the pacific northwest

if the orca stuff bugs you cuz it irritates old sores.. well i think you have to get on with your life

the old regime that developed the orca stuff is long long gone

the team has done well in the meantime

not so much these days but that is another topic

anyway . fin is the mascot.. filled by whoever the people that pay the bills might hire

male or female

but the mascot is really not aimed at the adult fan segment

and if the kids like him that is all that really matters

i can't believe i typed so many words about something so trivial

A friend summed this kind of thing up perfectly: things like this make the most noise because the stakes are so low. 

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived