The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Scheifele Of The Winnipeg Jets Is Joining The Ballet

SabreFan1

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Mark Scheifele is joining the ballet, but not permanently of course.  Nobody gives up 6.125 Million per year to wear a tutu. :lol:

He's going to have a walk-on role scheduled for Friday.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/12/27/mark-scheifele-is-joining-the-ballet-and-performing-in-the-nutcracker/

What's wrong with wearing a tutu.. 

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

It's world renowned Alf.

If it's so top notch, why the sham of having a hockey player coming on stage, unless to sell tickets?  If I was there, I would ABSOLUTELY buy tickets to see the "side" show.  Will he be in his hockey pants, or tights?

Scheifele has exceeded my expectations in the NHL big time. 

I watched him & Huberdeau at the WJC's and expected them to dominate a few years back.  He did well. But they appeared the beneficiary of simply being loaded into the key PP and offensive situations. Did not hound the puck, or shift all over the ice with the puck glued to his stick as Jost or Barzal has been doing so far this year. And both started slow in the NHL a bit as well.  Maybe my expectations were too high then?

Or maybe he just developed very well? Scheifele has just been killing it!  No doubt he will have great balance in m ore than just skates...

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

They have ballet in Winnipeg, without swine?  :lol:

C'mon Alf...you should know better than that.  RWB is one of the world's most renowned ballet companies in the world...google Evelyn Hart.  She's spoken of in the same breath as Baryshnikov.  Okay...the only reason I know any of this is because I grew up in Winnipeg and my sisters were part of the classics community while we were growing up.  Otherwise, I'd be inclined to make the same ignorant comments on ballet in Winnipeg as you.

28 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

C'mon Alf...you should know better than that.  RWB is one of the world's most renowned ballet companies in the world...google Evelyn Hart.  She's spoken of in the same breath as Baryshnikov.  Okay...the only reason I know any of this is because I grew up in Winnipeg and my sisters were part of the classics community while we were growing up.  Otherwise, I'd be inclined to make the same ignorant comments on ballet in Winnipeg as you.

This is a Canuck's fan board.  We should hate the other teams and their cities.  My God we are a soft breed, just like our team.  

My apologies to the Winnipeg people, and their precious ballet. :P

On 12/28/2016 at 2:44 PM, HK Phooey said:

RWB is one of the world's most renowned ballet companies in the world

When I think of ballet I think of Russia.

What is it about frozen, desolate tundra that breeds top notch ballet?

Archived