The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Columbus beat the streak

Grapefruits

16 hours ago, Green Building said:

That's funny to me because I was just thinking "here they are getting playoff ready". Props to Columbus for a good ride, but now we can sit back and enjoy the climb of our 2nd round pick.

We'll see.  Could be the loss means little, and they move on.  Could be that all the youngsters (they are the 5th youngest team on average) take it hard and it messes them up.

Canucks were doing well under Torts in 2013, going 23-11-7.  2014 hit, and the train went off the rails.  I don't expect it to be that bad for the Jackets, but I'll enjoy the better pick on that 2nd as much as the next person if they do struggle.

7 hours ago, Kragar said:

We'll see.  Could be the loss means little, and they move on.  Could be that all the youngsters (they are the 5th youngest team on average) take it hard and it messes them up.

Canucks were doing well under Torts in 2013, going 23-11-7.  2014 hit, and the train went off the rails.  I don't expect it to be that bad for the Jackets, but I'll enjoy the better pick on that 2nd as much as the next person if they do struggle.

I was exaggerating pretty heavily there. I don't see them crapping out too hard with Bob healthy, and they've got enough talent to put the puck in the net. I've only watched 3 or 4 of their games this year though so my finger isn't too firmly on the pulse of that team. Aside from the 16 straight wins that is. 

Archived