The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Islanders G Jaroslav Halak

Plaguez

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

No.

Although Hellebuyck hasn't been consistent, his numbers are superior to Halak this year, and by a large margin. Plus, the difference in salary is astronomic.

Not saying that halak would steal the show, but a solid 1A/B setup with hellebuyck would be preferable to the jets current tandem, plus is not like laine needs to be signed next season so the jets would be ok in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Not saying that halak would steal the show, but a solid 1A/B setup with hellebuyck would be preferable to the jets current tandem, plus is not like laine needs to be signed next season so the jets would be ok in the meantime.

They won't pick him up. Neither will anyone else.

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

We should pick him up.

Miller, as a UFA, is an attractive deadline pickup for a team needing goaltending depth.

Next season Markstrom and Halak can split games - Demko needs one more year with the Comets.

Who would we be trading Miller to though? Anyone hard up on goaltending can snag Jaro now for free at $1.5 mil less than what we're paying Miller. Why would they wait and then lose an asset in a trade for an older, more expensive goalie?

ETA: I do know Jaro has another year on his deal, but still don't see how not claiming him is a better option than copping Millsy. 

47 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Was it spring of 2010..the guy was hot as a pistol? There was actually serious debate in Habbies-land, about which guy they should go with. Mtl dodged a bullet there.

I remember many Habs fans actually wanting Price gone instead of Halak lol. Even back then I knew they had to keep Price. 

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

Canucks claim Halak,

Canucks trade Miller to L.A.,

Canucks draft Patrick.

If LA was going to trade for Miller, they would have done it months ago. They aren't going to do it now that Quick is nearing a return.

It didn't make much sense for them at that point, and it makes even less now.

Archived