The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you want to see out of a New Management Team?

Hank Moody

What kind of Management team do we want to see?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

How'd that prediction work out for ya?

I was at the game and it was a snorefest. Tryamkin looked good tho.

I prefer the green and blue suckers to the Koolaide.  :lol:

i really like the young guys we have on D.  I hear Hutton has three assists in the four wins.  Tryamkin is so strong and moving guys off their spots, and even Sbisa is playing smart.  

4 hours ago, fivethej said:

Ownership is entire problem and new ownership is desperately needed. Imagine if Tom Galardi had owned Canucks instead. 

4 hours ago, fivethej said:

Ownership is entire problem and new ownership is desperately needed. Imagine if Tom Galardi had owned Canucks instead. 

No i can't imagine, please fill us in on what would be different.

On 2016-12-31 at 10:05 AM, Alflives said:

I accept your viewpoint, but disagree.  In my opinion, hockey people like Bob Mckenzie know a lot more about the game than us posters.  Ray Ferraro, who played in the NHL for 18 seasons, and lives in Vancouver, said he would like to see clear direction from our management.  Pretty much every professional hockey mind says our management strategy is wrong for a team that needs to rebuild.  

Of course I cheer for us to win every game, and I'm happy for our team when we do win, but I do have concern for our direction and future.  

There must also be a reason those hockey minds analyze and don't GM. The ones that did hold positions as GM, well look at their track records.

On 2016-12-31 at 10:36 AM, hookshott said:

Let's see.....I assume you are counting Hutton as one of the up and coming defensemen?....Gillis pick

Stecher?  Banning should be so happy he happened to grow up in Richmond and chose to play near family and friends. If JB was the "Drafting Genius" many think he is, why did he not choose Stecher in the draft?

well he got him for free and didn't need to use a draft pick on him... 

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

old school hockey coach that has transitioned to the newer play

plus stop putting players like jake and Rodin in and out of the lineup just keep them in FFS!!!!

Welcome back to planet Earth.

Here's a quick update for you. Jake is out of the team because he was rank bad due to conditioning and weight issues. You don't play a guy like that in an NHL team.

As for Rodin, he is just back from a long injury spell which recurred when he played too much/tried too hard in the pre-season.

The coach is playing him in gently and keeping the pressure off him allowing him to find his match fitness while allowing the coach to decide best where to play him. There is no need to rush him, we are only half way through the season.

I trust that wasn't to difficult for you to understand FFS.

17 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Welcome back to planet Earth.

Here's a quick update for you. Jake is out of the team because he was rank bad due to conditioning and weight issues. You don't play a guy like that in an NHL team.

As for Rodin, he is just back from a long injury spell which recurred when he played too much/tried too hard in the pre-season.

The coach is playing him in gently and keeping the pressure off him allowing him to find his match fitness while allowing the coach to decide best where to play him. There is no need to rush him, we are only half way through the season.

I trust that wasn't to difficult for you to understand FFS.

what are you talking about jake yes at the start of the season he sat,after that they tried to ease him back in which was a big BIG mistake and why finally got sent down.

Rodin yes was back from injury but is 100% and in preseason looked like one of the best we had as a new player.

Plus being the MVP os the sweedish league they would be playing him every game as we should so think about it.We want scoring and Rodin and Jake given the chance game in and out would help!

I picked "innovative", because really that's the only way you can really win nowadays. Everybody in the league is chasing after eachother. Everybody wants to be the new Chicago or Kings, but by the time you build a team like that people have figured out how to play against it. So you need innovators like Gillis, people used to try to copy our way of playing. Now we are just chasing other teams.

But what I'd want most out of the new management team is to be honest, give us the plan. Don't change narratives every 2 months. Also, I want pedigree, no more rookies hiring rookies. It's fine to bring in new thinking young guys but we don't want rookies hiring other rookies, AKA what we have now. We cannot afford to have rookie mistakes in management (Not understanding the CBA with Tryamkin, Corrado/Drafting locally instead of drafting BPA/Hiring idiots that have a garbage resume to replace actual smart people, Gilman replaced by weisbrod/ECT.) None of that.

Smart, Innovative management, that have a plan and stick to it. A management that doesn't lie to it's fans to save face, a management group with experience. Also I'd like to trade out all the fans that will settle for anything less then excellence in the front office. You don't win cups with mediocrity and we shouldn't allow it, anybody that is okay with management because they think they are just mediocre should seriously reconsider their position. Again, you don't win with mediocrity you win by being the best. We shouldn't "settle", we should strive to be the best. Or else we are just spinning our wheels in the mud.

Archived