The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of December/January (31-01) 2016/2017

The Detroit Red Wings have defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs alumni in a 4-3 thriller with a controversial game winning goal from Kris Draper!

Brendan Shanahan, Igor Larionov, and Nicklas Lidström scored the other Red Wings goals.

Wendel Clark, Tie Domi, and Darcy Tucker scored for the Leafs.

The St. Louis Blues have defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 8-7 in the 2017 Winter Classic Alumni game.

Pierre Turgeon scored twice including the game winner, while Larry Patey, Bernie Federko, Peter Stastny, Kelly Chase, Barret Jackman and Keith Tkachuk added the other Blues goals.

Kyle Calder scored a hat trick, while Jim Cummins, Reid Simpson, Ben Eager, Daniel Carcillo added the other Hawks goals.

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's wrong with the Jets?  They are no better than us, but they have a lot more talent, don't they?  

Maybe, just maybe, talent alone doesn't make you a winning team. Nah, that can't be true can it Alf?

That's only Winnipeg though. Those other young talented teams are dominating the NHL. Teams like Toronto, Buffalo, Edmonton, Islanders, Avalanche, Coyotes and Florida are just steamrolling the opposition this season.....oh, wait a minute that may not be right.

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Maybe, just maybe, talent alone doesn't make you a winning team. Nah, that can't be true can it Alf?

That's only Winnipeg though. Those other young talented teams are dominating the NHL. Teams like Toronto, Buffalo, Edmonton, Islanders, Avalanche, Coyotes and Florida are just steamrolling the opposition this season.....oh, wait a minute that may not be right.

I know.  I am the worst for wanting us to get elite talent.  These teams you mentioned have guys like that, and they still can't win.  Go figure?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I know.  I am the worst for wanting us to get elite talent.  These teams you mentioned have guys like that, and they still can't win.  Go figure?

Talent without work effort, desire and commitment to the team success is just a waste of talent.

Give me a group of Bob Gainey's as my forwards any day. He never scored more than 23 goals but the Russian coaches all called him the best player in the world.

Archived