The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alexander Burmistrov

I just looked at his stats... he has no goals and 2 assists in 23 games. Just awful.

One of the reasons why Atlanta never succeeded was their inability to draft. Sure they picked Kovalchuk (a no brainer) but their draft picks, especially the high ones, ended up being duds. It's kinda funny that their GM was Rick Dudley.

Burmistrov is no different. 8th overall in 2010.

2 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Is he worst than guys like Megna or Chaput? If not I'd take a chance on him. Maybe a fresh start would be nice for him.

I have no issues with Megna or Chaput. They are hard working guys that may or may not generate offense. Megna seems to have untapped offensive potential. Chaput is a monster with faceoffs.

Burmistrov is only an option if we have an injury. The spot has been filled.

18 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I have no issues with Megna or Chaput. They are hard working guys that may or may not generate offense. Megna seems to have untapped offensive potential. Chaput is a monster with faceoffs.

Burmistrov is only an option if we have an injury. The spot has been filled.

There is an injury ......Hansen 

Burmistrov would be a better option on the 1st line with the Sedins than megna

costs nothing to claim him, I would don't we still have Labate sitting in the press box?  Send him down to the AHL 

1 minute ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

costs nothing to claim him, I would don't we still have Labate sitting in the press box?  Send him down to the AHL 

LaBate has already been returned to Utica.

27 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I just looked at his stats... he has no goals and 2 assists in 23 games. Just awful.

One of the reasons why Atlanta never succeeded was their inability to draft. Sure they picked Kovalchuk (a no brainer) but their draft picks, especially the high ones, ended up being duds. It's kinda funny that their GM was Rick Dudley.

Burmistrov is no different. 8th overall in 2010.

Buh Buh Buh...top 10 picks are all super high end talent and are never busts except for Virtanen and Juolevi or whoever the Canucks ever pick

(am I CDC'ing right?)

It should be noted that Alex Burmistrov has never scored more than 13 goals in a professional season... And that's across the NHL and KHL. I'd pass on him.

We should've selected Seth Griffith when he was on waivers, honestly.

I'd rather wait and see with Rodin before trying to wedge Burmistrov onto the lineup. Canucks really don't need another soft forward who doesn't really score

So yeah, PASS.

45 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Buh Buh Buh...top 10 picks are all super high end talent and are never busts except for Virtanen and Juolevi or whoever the Canucks ever pick

(am I CDC'ing right?)

Jack Skille was a top 10 pick, and look at him go! 

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

you are truly misguided

he is being cut by the jets

he will go back to russia

he is the classic russian player all teams now worry about

cannot play the nhl game

but will not go to the ahl to develop so he can

and you think he is better than megna

shows the level of your hockey iq

Archived