The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Yup, his team which is our Rival won 4-1. Rodin our superman had 0 points, didn't watch the game.... MPS his measuring stick had 3 points.

so he's supposed to be a PPG player in this Tourney now? its not all about points there bud.

and how is MPS his measuring stick? MPS is a first round pick. Rodin is a second round pick.

maybe you shouldn't be blinded by foolish patriotism and actually enjoy watching our prospects at this tournament.

Yup, his team which is our Rival won 4-1. Rodin our superman had 0 points, didn't watch the game.... MPS his measuring stick had 3 points.

How is he a measuring stick... besides if you've watched the games MPS gets first line minutes and Rodin third.

MPS shooting % is only 14.6 percent while Rodin 25%.

he is a top 10 pick.

Where did you get this measuring stick of yours..... GOD 2009 is not a good year... seems to me alot of new idiots were born here in these forums.

Edited by Sanford
  • Upvote 1

so he's supposed to be a PPG player in this Tourney now? its not all about points there bud.

and how is MPS his measuring stick? MPS is a first round pick. Rodin is a second round pick.

maybe you shouldn't be blinded by foolish patriotism and actually enjoy watching our prospects at this tournament.

Why so serious? Ok, you can enjoy the tourny your way. I assume you are extremely happy with the way Schroeder and Rodin is playing. Of course I enjoy the tournament, but I want our players to have a good tournament. To some extent, a certain level of expectations is required, but that's just the way it is.

I personally expected him to be a PPG player. What? You going to hate me for that?

How is he a measuring stick... besides if you've watched the games MPS gets first line minutes and Rodin third.

MPS shooting % is only 14.6 percent while Rodin 25%.

he is a top 10 pick.

Where did you get this measuring stick of yours..... GOD 2009 is not a good year... seems to me alot of new idiots were born here in these forums.

You mean Hatched.

anyone watching sweden vs usa will see that after 2 periods both sweden goals have been of anton rodin's nifty hands and driving to the net. nicely done rodin! 2 assists after two

Yea he's got great hands. Seems to have kind of an awkward skating style sometimes though, maybe just my imagination.

The coach was also playing him alot at the end when they were down by two. Good to see.

Edited by DeNiro

he sure can dangle and, to quote McGuire, "stick handle in a phone booth".

The kid's gonna be good. Is this his last season under contract in Sweden? I forget if he has another year or not.

From what I've read/heard, he still has 1 more year left after this one in the SEL.

he sure can dangle and, to quote McGuire, "stick handle in a phone booth".

The kid's gonna be good. Is this his last season under contract in Sweden? I forget if he has another year or not.

I'm pretty sure he still has another year.

He got rocked and got back up right after. Good to see.

Andersson got burned on one goal with his foot speed.

He got an assist on the first Swedish goal.

Edited by bieksa3-

this kid is the story of the tourney for sweden, he was incredible.

I wouldnt say story of the tourney, but he is a very servicable player, who is very shifty with the puck, and for his size he can get to the net pretty well. IMO it is not all good though, his play on the forecheck and his own zone could be better (it will), positionally solid, but didnt seem to compete at 100% for the puck IMO(previous scouting spoke highly of his tenacity, which i just didnt see).

The story of team sweden to me was a just turned 17 year old defensman outplayed 2 1st round draft picks. Adam Larsson and Oliver Ekman-Larsson were head and shoulders above Tim Erixon and David Rundblad too me. I had Rundblad ranked almost even with OEL last year, but in this tourney OEL was amazing, if Sweden had made to GOLD medal game he would definately have been on the all-star team for the tourney (he still might), and was probably the best defensman I watched in the tourney with Pietrangelo and Fowler being right up there.

Adam Larsson is without a doubt going #1 in 2011, the kid is freaky good, and huge. Does everything well.

Sorry for getting off topic, but I think Rodin had an excellent tourney, but I dont think he was the story (Markstrom's weak goal was along with the aforementioned d-men).

Edited by ilikecanucks

It still seems to me like he's holding back...He's got two assists in this game, but they're not exactly great ones. The other players on his line are doing the work.

Sweden has alot of great players though. I wouldn't have minded drafting a couple of them. Tedenby, Lander, Petersson, and Larsson all look like great picks. The steal has to be Petersson though, that guy looks like the real deal, and he was drafted in the fourth round.

It still seems to me like he's holding back...He's got two assists in this game, but they're not exactly great ones. The other players on his line are doing the work.

Sweden has alot of great players though. I wouldn't have minded drafting a couple of them. Tedenby, Lander, Petersson, and Larsson all look like great picks. The steal has to be Petersson though, that guy looks like the real deal, and he was drafted in the fourth round.

Agreed completely. Sens fans are going to be in for a treat.

I'm surprised how much balls Tedenby has for a small player, he doesn't seem afraid at all fighting off the big defenseman and crashing the net.