The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

a steal by Detroit. I'm kinda pissed he landed in Detroit of all places.

2010 - Jarnkrok (and a Fin in Pulkkinen in the 4th Round)

2009 - Adam Almqvist (7th Round)

2008 - Gustav Nyquist (4th Round)

damn them

I also imagine Joakim Andersson from the 2007 draft (3rd Rounder) will develop into a good 3rd Liner in a couple years.

Wow, great analysis.

Why does every team in this league let Detroit draft these potential Swedish superstars... every single draft.

No doubts..its not just who they draft ..but how they develop them..its insane! I don't know if any of u guys got to catch a Red wings preseason game ( i only saw one ) and watched how their prospects play...its crazy, they play almost exactly like the Red Wings that we see every season! yes i know the its the coaching, the philosophy thats instilled in these guys as soon as they put on the the Red Wings uniform, like shooting the puck from absolutely anywhere and often is what i've noticed that carried over to the young Wings prospects. He's not Swedish, but i got a peek at Tomas Tatar, he looks like hes gonna be one names will be hearing and crying about soon in the next few years

Because Hakan Andersson has a lot of respect in the Detroit organization, and consistenly value his scouting opinions.

Gradin is no slouch, but I dont think he has as much pull in Vancouver, or didnt before.

Could you imagine if Detroit had Edler right now? Thank god Nonis listened to Gradin there.

About Detroit, I dont think there 2010 draft could have went any better than scripted....Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Aubry, and Pulkinnen in the 1st 4 rounds is sick.

to get Pulkinen in the 4th round is grand larceny

Any update? :)

Brynäs won 2-1. Youngsters Ekholm and Silfverberg with the goals. Rödin's ice time was 13:15 minutes, he was even and had 2 SOG. He was pretty much invisible. He has not looked as good as earlier the last couple of games :( Still playing on the PP though. Hopefully when he scores his next goal the goals will keep coming :)

Looks like Brynas got beaten badly today 7-2. Rodin with a third period assist, but by that point the game as pretty much over.

Tomas Greiss in net...He's not a good goaltender. There's a reason why San Jose didn't want him.

Edited by DeNiro