The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Brynäs had a terrible game today.. I just saw two periods but Rödin looked better than his last games. Had a shot off the post and had a pretty nice assist. He was -1, 15:10 TOI and 2 PIM.

Rödin's assist is after 1:50. I hope these highlights works outside Sweden.

http://tv.hockeyliga...id=303677172737

Edited by johanlake

Brynäs had a terrible game today.. I just saw two periods but Rödin looked better than his last games. Had a shot off the post and had a pretty nice assist. He was -1, 15:10 TOI and 2 PIM.

Rödin's assist is after 1:50. I hope these highlights works outside Sweden.

http://tv.hockeyliga...id=303677172737

Was Rodin the one who went around the net? If so, kid's got some great moves.

Rödin has been OK lately, hasn't seen that much of him. At least his working hard. I said earlier that Rödin and Silfverberg was about the same level.. Sorry guys, but I've changed my mind. Rödin has been invisible and Silfverberg has been great. Silfverberg is on Team Sweden's roster for Karjala Cup, they announced the team today.

Rödin has been OK lately, hasn't seen that much of him. At least his working hard. I said earlier that Rödin and Silfverberg was about the same level.. Sorry guys, but I've changed my mind. Rödin has been invisible and Silfverberg has been great. Silfverberg is on Team Sweden's roster for Karjala Cup, they announced the team today.

Too bad to hear this...from what I've seen from highlights he's got tonnes of speed and skill, what do you think is keeping him from being better? Size? effort? or maybe bad hockey smarts?

<br />Too bad to hear this...from what I've seen from highlights he's got tonnes of speed and skill, what do you think is keeping him from being better?  Size? effort? or maybe bad hockey smarts?<br />

I don't think it's hockey smarts, he was ranked highly in that regard.

Rodin is just like any young player trying to find his way in the pros. Some players learn how to play consistently at that level sooner than others.

It's probably just a matter of him adjusting to playing big minutes and being relied upon for more offence. Hopefully in time he be able to play at that level consistently. But the good thing is that it sounds like he is a versatile player, and although may not be putting big points, he's most likely rounding out other aspects of his game like his defensive play. He is being used on the PK last time I checked.

Good game by Rödin today I must say! Brynäs won 5-4 after sudden death vs Färjestad. His TOI was 18:44 minutes, and he was +1, had 2 SOG. Rödin looked much better than his last games. One of his best, maybe even his best game this season. Played much PP and looked dangerous. Glad to see him bounce back.

2 assists for today and was a +2 with 2 shots in a 4-3 loss for Brynas today

Yep, 2 assists and another good game by Rödin. He has used his speed much better his last two games.

Highlights from Brynäs-Frölunda:

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=334914288641

Rödin's first assist is at 0:15, good job, protecting the puck well.

His second assist is at 1:18, good pass to the d-man.

any updates? How has his overall play been lately.

Team Sweden is playing in Karjala Tournament atm, so no games in the SEL lately. His last game was 6 November when he had 2 assists. Anton's next game is 18 November.

1 goal and 9 assists and +1 in 19 games so far this season. 1 goal maybe is a bit disappointing but 10 points is OK. Before the season started I was hoping for for at least 25 points, hopefully he can make it. Having +1 on this team is actually pretty good. For example team captain Dackell has -8, so..

Edited by johanlake

So Rodin has a decent defensive game, along with his offensive skill-set?

He's good at backchecking, but he can be better in the d-zone. Needs to get more pucks out from the zone. He has played some PK this season, and is definitely better defensively than last year.

• 2 weeks later...