The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Obviously the list wasn't two players, but I imagine the rest of the guys they would have taken weren't likely to be available at the 25th pick and the rest of the guys in and around there weren't valued by Gillis. (such as Pysyk and Hayes)

As for Sheahan, considering he went after Bennett, I don't think he was on the list or else Botchford would have mentioned him.

I don't really think Botchford knows every single thing.

I don't really think Botchford knows every single thing.

"The Canucks' scouting team determined there were only two players worth taking at No. 25 -- Beau Bennett and Jarred Tinordi.

When they were off the board, the pick was expendable.

The Canucks didn't see anything at No. 25 but projects who would take three to four years to turn into NHL players. They need help now, and that made the decision easier."

Botchford nailed every detail of the trade as it happened, what the parts were and what the conditions were. (Ahead of everybody else)

But if you want to believe he's making it all up and that the Canucks wanted Riley Sheahan, go ahead.

Edited by Gnickers87

Botchford nailed every detail of the trade as it happened, what the parts were and what the conditions were. (Ahead of everybody else)

But if you want to believe he's making it all up and that the Canucks wanted Riley Sheahan, go ahead.

Haha. I would hate to think Gillis' list didn't include a bunch players that were taken before the 25th pick, that is all.

not really much talk about rodin past 2 pages are about the draft weird

just checking his stats in 30 game he has 2 goals and 14 assists and 6 pim in the sel

i dont really follow European leagues other than checking prospects stats like rodin

is that good for him or what last time i saw him play was last world juniors and i thought he could

easily make this team this year if not next year

not really much talk about rodin past 2 pages are about the draft weird

just checking his stats in 30 game he has 2 goals and 14 assists and 6 pim in the sel

i dont really follow European leagues other than checking prospects stats like rodin

is that good for him or what last time i saw him play was last world juniors and i thought he could

easily make this team this year if not next year

16 points in 30 games is pretty good for his age. He's being outperformed by his two linemates and a few more goals would be nice, but his style is also more geared towards North American ice (as you saw in the WJC).

Next year his contract ends with Brynas (his SEL team) and it's assumed he'll make the jump the Moose. If all goes well, he'll get a few call-ups next year and the year after at the very earliest will be on the Canucks, but the year after is more realistic for him to be a full-timer. The good thing about Rodin is that he can develop on the 3rd and maybe even a little on the 4th line, because he's decent defensively and does not shy away from being a physical presence.

First game for Rödin tonight after a two week break in the SEL. Brynäs lost 4-3 but Rödin scored Brynäs' first goal. Missed a good opportunity, took his own rebound and scored on a wrap around on the PP. His TOI was 16:20 minutes, he was -1 and had 2 SOG.

is there any way to watch these SEL games and whats the time difference

You can see SEL on your computer if you're in Europe but it's quite expensive. The time difference is 9 hours between Sweden and Vancouver. The time is currently 7:33 PM in Sweden and 10:33 AM in Vancouver.

No, Tomas Tatar was drafted a few spots after Rodin. I remember A LOT of people on CDC saying to draft to Tatar with the second round pick.

I wanted Tatar.

We will have to see what Anton Rodin can accomplish in the American Hockey League.

No, Tomas Tatar was drafted a few spots after Rodin. I remember A LOT of people on CDC saying to draft to Tatar with the second round pick.

Rodin has more potential than Tatar, if Tatar has more success than Anton, it's only because of Detroit's insanely good development of players.

Rodin can hit, play a good two-way game, make nice passes, score goals (albeit struggling this season) and he never lets up on a chance.

Rodin has more potential than Tatar, if Tatar has more success than Anton, it's only because of Detroit's insanely good development of players.

Rodin can hit, play a good two-way game, make nice passes, score goals (albeit struggling this season) and he never lets up on a chance.

Was he a Thomas Gradin recommended pick?

Yep, definite Gradin pick.

He even urged Gillis to take Rodin in the first round he was so high on him. But Gillis made the smart choice and took Schroeder in the first and Rodin in the second.

Okay I feel a bit more comfortable knowing it was a Gradin pick. I also know that it will take much longer but it should work out.