The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Hey guys.

It's late here in Sweden and I'm bored so I decided to make a video with some clips on Rödin. It's from the last season and from this season, showing mostly goals and assists. I'm no good editor or so but at least it shows Rödin ;)

So, here it is if someone is interested to watch it:

Thanks, Johan. Some nice slips in there. :D

is he going to be eligible for the moose next year?

Yeah, his SEL contract is up after this season and he will be coming over to the Moose or Canucks, depending on his camp (at least that was the plan according to the interviews during the pre-season).

Yeah, his SEL contract is up after this season and he will be coming over to the Moose or Canucks, depending on his camp (at least that was the plan according to the interviews during the pre-season).

Do you know if they tell this to every prospect prior to the camp? Or did they really see something special about Rodin?

Do you know if they tell this to every prospect prior to the camp? Or did they really see something special about Rodin?

most prospects are told to improve and be consistent and next year you can challenge for a spot on the Canucks. that's the De facto standard for prospects who didn't make the Canucks. Rodin was a special situation because he would have been on the moose this year if he didn't have the contract with Brynas, which is why they pretty much guaranteed a spot on the Moose. Next to Hodgson and Schroeder (and now Shirokov, what with his consistency this year) he is the forward prospect with the highest expectations in the system. Though Bill Sweatt is making an argument for himself as well :D

dang... only 3 lines? is there a reason they didn't call up players from their Swe-1 team? was it a last minute thing? like a stomach bug? some of their many types of herring for breakfast was bad, perhaps?

Edited by avelanch

dang... only 3 lines? is there a reason they didn't call up players from their Swe-1 team? was it a last minute thing? like a stomach bug? some of their many types of herring for breakfast was bad, perhaps?

There are no farm teams in Sweden so they can't just call up a player. We just have juniors under the "A-team" and Brynäs decided not to pick up any players from the juniors.

Yeah exacty, some kind of stomach bug/flu in the last minute.

I'm one of those people that think Rodin is a much better prospect then Schroeder.

I really think he's going to surprise a lot of people when he comes to North America. For me, I don't think it's a matter of whether he'll play in the NHL, but when, and where in the line up.