The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

Second game for Brynäs tonight after the SEL break. No points for Rödin in the first game but he had an assist in the second game, a pretty sweet pass.

His TOI was 19:42 minutes and he was +1.

Highlights from the game, Rödin's assist at about 2:05. You can also see him get crushed at 1:35, haha.

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=488051163137

• Upvote 1

Second game for Brynäs tonight after the SEL break. No points for Rödin in the first game but he had an assist in the second game, a pretty sweet pass.

His TOI was 19:42 minutes and he was +1.

Highlights from the game, Rödin's assist at about 2:05. You can also see him get crushed at 1:35, haha.

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=488051163137

19:42! Nice to see the coach has the confidence in Anton to lean on him so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Two more games until playoffs.

Yep, but looks like Rödin won't play the remaining games in regular season. Apparently he has had injury problems with his shoulders all season and they don't want to risk anything. Don't know how serious it is really but he will play in the playoffs.

Playoffs starts tonight for Brynäs. Rödin played the last regular season game and will play tonight. Brynäs finished at 7th place in the SEL and will play against Färjestad, who finished 2nd. So it will be a tough serie for Brynäs to win.

Will Rodin play in the AHL after being eliminated or does his contract in Sweden restrict him from doing so?

If they will be eliminated ;) but it looks like Brynäs won't win this round, Färjestad is a strong team. Brynäs got crushed 7-3 in the first playoff game..

And to answer your question, I'm not really sure actually. But Calle Klingberg, Thrashers prospect, was signed by the Thrashers before this season and was on loan to the SEL for the season. Just like Rödin is signed by the Canucks and on loan to Brynäs. Now, Klingberg's team is done for the season and he will play the rest of the season in the AHL. So I guess Rödin could play in the AHL if Brynäs gets eliminated early and if he wants to play in the AHL this season. But as I said, I'm not sure. Would be exciting to see how he does on the smaller ice in the AHL though I must say :)

How did Rodin play today?

Not good to be honest. But Brynäs lost 7-3 so what can one expect. Only players like Järnkrok and Silfverberg had a good game, as usual. Rödin was given a 1 on a grade scale from 1 to 6 in the local newspaper. He played 15 minutes in the game.

If they will be eliminated ;) but it looks like Brynäs won't win this round, Färjestad is a strong team. Brynäs got crushed 7-3 in the first playoff game..

And to answer your question, I'm not really sure actually. But Calle Klingberg, Thrashers prospect, was signed by the Thrashers before this season and was on loan to the SEL for the season. Just like Rödin is signed by the Canucks and on loan to Brynäs. Now, Klingberg's team is done for the season and he will play the rest of the season in the AHL. So I guess Rödin could play in the AHL if Brynäs gets eliminated early and if he wants to play in the AHL this season. But as I said, I'm not sure. Would be exciting to see how he does on the smaller ice in the AHL though I must say :)

Thank you very much for this information on Rodin, as well as the continuous updates on his play. I greatly appreciate the effort you have gone through so that all Canucks fans can get insight on one of their future players. Thank you johanlake!

Not good to be honest. But Brynäs lost 7-3 so what can one expect. Only players like Järnkrok and Silfverberg had a good game, as usual. Rödin was given a 1 on a grade scale from 1 to 6 in the local newspaper. He played 15 minutes in the game.

Yikes. Sounds like he might be injured, so he probably wont come to the moose this year.

I'm doubtful if he could have anyway (the only way he could is if he was eligible to be signed to an ATO, which I'm not sure he is, since he already has a valid canucks contract as was just on loan to Brynas). he's not on their clear day list or their reserve list, so only an ATO can add a new player.

Yikes. Sounds like he might be injured, so he probably wont come to the moose this year.

Jarnkrok and Silfverberg have been pretty darn consistent all year, so the fact that they were Brynas best isn't surprising at all.

Thank you very much for this information on Rodin, as well as the continuous updates on his play. I greatly appreciate the effort you have gone through so that all Canucks fans can get insight on one of their future players. Thank you johanlake!

No problem, just glad I can help :)

Goal for Rödin today in the second playoff game! Brynäs lost 3-2 in overtime though :( too bad, it was a really important game. Anton scored the Brynäs' 2nd goal, a nice wrister on the PP. He had a good game and was awarded with the player of the game for Brynäs. His TOI was 21:28 minutes, was -2, had 2 hits and 3 SOG.

Highlights from the game, Rödin's goal at 40 seconds.

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=519373723649

Yes!! Brynäs won the third game in overtime :) Rödin with a secondary assist on the 2-2 goal, scored on the PP. Pretty good pass to the d-man Ekholm, who took a slap shot and Järnkrok put home the rebound. Rödin played 16 minutes and was -1. In overtime he draw a holding the stick penalty and Brynäs scored on that power play :)

Highlights from the game, Rödin's secondary assist at about 1:15

http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=522208555009