The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I think he is the dark horse of the forward prospect group like Sauve is in the Defense side.

Everyone raves or all the attention on Hodgson, Schroeder, Shirokov, Connauton, Tanev, Mcnally

but Rodin and Sauve are bit of the quiet but mysterious projections I believe. It would be intresting to see Rodin this fall in training camp because of the 2 years playing against men, we'll see how he is able to adjust his game to the North American style, which I dont believe will be too hard because his game is more suited for our ice surface. Rodin is one player to keep an eye on because i have a feeling he will surprise some.

I think he is the dark horse of the forward prospect group like Sauve is in the Defense side.

Everyone raves or all the attention on Hodgson, Schroeder, Shirokov, Connauton, Tanev, Mcnally

but Rodin and Sauve are bit of the quiet but mysterious projections I believe. It would be intresting to see Rodin this fall in training camp because of the 2 years playing against men, we'll see how he is able to adjust his game to the North American style, which I dont believe will be too hard because his game is more suited for our ice surface. Rodin is one player to keep an eye on because i have a feeling he will surprise some.

McNally's at least year away from becoming available to us, and a number of years away from joining the ranks of the canucks.

Sauve could very well step up and be a surprise at training camp, but I think he'll have at least another season in the AHL with at least a few call-ups. Connauton probably another year after that, then McNally the year after. I think Rodin will probably play in the AHL to get him used to the N/A game, but there is a possibility he'll make the jump, albeit, a small one. I'd be very surprised if Shiro and Cody don't make it out of training camp.

McNally's at least year away from becoming available to us, and a number of years away from joining the ranks of the canucks.

Sauve could very well step up and be a surprise at training camp, but I think he'll have at least another season in the AHL with at least a few call-ups. Connauton probably another year after that, then McNally the year after. I think Rodin will probably play in the AHL to get him used to the N/A game, but there is a possibility he'll make the jump, albeit, a small one. I'd be very surprised if Shiro and Cody don't make it out of training camp.

You're bumping a lot of established players out to add these rookies.

You're bumping a lot of established players out to add these rookies.

That's just when their development will make them ready to join the NHL, and established players don't stick around forever, lots of contracts up and coming up in the next few years. without an influx of youth your team just ages and falls off.

Rodin definitely needs a couple more years in the system. Considering the Detroit model that Canucks have been adamantly following since MG took office, I would not bet money on Rodin to make the team next year. Even if Rodin has an "amazing camp," Canucks will have to give proven guys a fair chance to maintain their spots. And I'm sure CDCers will go ballistic over AV's decision.

<br />McNally's at least year away from becoming available to us, and a number of years away from joining the ranks of the canucks.  <br />Sauve could very well step up and be a surprise at training camp, but I think he'll have at least another season in the AHL with at least a few call-ups.  Connauton probably another year after that, then McNally the year after.  I think Rodin will probably play in the AHL to get him used to the N/A game, but there is a possibility he'll make the jump, albeit, a small one.  I'd be very surprised if Shiro and Cody don't make it out of training camp.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sauve lost ground with his collision with the front end of that car, otherwise, I think he might have been a call-up before Tanev and Sweatt. Rodin could be the surprise at camp, I'm sure playing the minutes in Sweden would help, but, I'm guessing he'll be a Wolve to begin with.

<br /><br /><br />

Sauve lost ground with his collision with the front end of that car, otherwise, I think he might have been a call-up before Tanev and Sweatt. Rodin could be the surprise at camp, I'm sure playing the minutes in Sweden would help, but, I'm guessing he'll be a Wolve to begin with.

Let's hope so. I have concerns about the new AHL affiliation in Chicago. We all might look back at the Moose era as a real bonus for the org. I'm sure MG did a good deal but I'm still worried about the opportunity for the Canuck youth. Also concerned that there has been no annoucement about the Salmon Kings.

<br />Let's hope so. I have concerns about the new AHL affiliation in Chicago. We all might look back at the Moose era as a real bonus for the org. I'm sure MG did a good deal but I'm still worried about the opportunity for the Canuck youth. Also concerned that there has been no annoucement about the Salmon Kings.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Are the Canucks sharing the Chicago Wolves? I haven't heard that. I think one of the bonuses of having the affiliate in Chicago is the accessablility to get players out of Chicago to certain US cities, that Winnipeg doesn't have access to. Heck, even Vancouver has to make the odd milk run to get around certain cities. But, I'm guessing charter flights have direct access. Winnipeg was a win/win situation though, wasn't it? Well run, good hockey market, and we can only hope that Chicago fills that void.

Yeah, the Victoria Salmon Kings are kind of in limbo with the WHL going back, doubt that two franchises could survive under one roof.

<br /><br /><br />

Are the Canucks sharing the Chicago Wolves? I haven't heard that. I think one of the bonuses of having the affiliate in Chicago is the accessablility to get players out of Chicago to certain US cities, that Winnipeg doesn't have access to. Heck, even Vancouver has to make the odd milk run to get around certain cities. But, I'm guessing charter flights have direct access. Winnipeg was a win/win situation though, wasn't it? Well run, good hockey market, and we can only hope that Chicago fills that void.

Yeah, the Victoria Salmon Kings are kind of in limbo with the WHL going back, doubt that two franchises could survive under one roof.

The Salmon Kings folded.

The owner of the Victoria Royals was the owner of the salmon kings.

<br />The Salmon Kings folded.<br /><br />The owner of the Victoria Royals was the owner of the salmon kings.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I did not know that. That league has to be the most difficult to make a profit. The travel budget alone has to be killer. What happens to all the players from the Salmon Kings? I guess the Canucks will have to find spots for them someplace. Thanks for the info.

<br /><br /><br />

I did not know that. That league has to be the most difficult to make a profit. The travel budget alone has to be killer. What happens to all the players from the Salmon Kings? I guess the Canucks will have to find spots for them someplace. Thanks for the info.

The canucks only had two players assigned there, and both were injured.

Prab Rai and Taylor Ellington.

Rai was injured, then got assigned to Manitoba, then Victoria, then got 'assigned' to Manitoba again, but was never actually seen.

Ellington was assigned to Victoria, but got a concussion.

So - if the canucks have too many players for the Wolves, they will either assign players to other AHL teams, or get another ECHL affiliate by the beginning of next season.

The Chicago Express are a new ECHL team without an AHL affiliate. if we are going to have our prospects in Chicago, we might as well have all of them there.

This is Anton Rodin talk. Not ECHL talk.

Anyways, i'm pumped on him coming to North America and starting in the AHL. We'll have a chance to see him, and he'll get more accustomed to how we play, and what we look for and everything. Give him a good year in the AHL, and then maybe he'll be up. We'll see.

This is Anton Rodin talk. Not ECHL talk.

Anyways, i'm pumped on him coming to North America and starting in the AHL. We'll have a chance to see him, and he'll get more accustomed to how we play, and what we look for and everything. Give him a good year in the AHL, and then maybe he'll be up. We'll see.

lol, look at the big man trying to apply board rules, it was brought up, so i responded.

and yes, Rodin will most likely start in the AHL, unless he really impresses in training camp. with Shiro not qualified that may open a spot for Rodin to start in Raymond's spot instead of shiro, but we'll see how he does in the preseason.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't surprise me if Rodin plays 5-10 NHL games by the end of the year. He has all the tools and especially for NA ice. Really stoked on him. Have been a huge Rodin fan since we drafted him.

Between Sweatt, Rodin, Schroeder trying to prove himself the Wolves might have a pretty good first line.

• Upvote 1

I've been a big fan of Rodin since we drafted him but I think it would be realistic to assume he doesn't play a single game with canucks this upcoming season. He will probably have an average season with the wolves just because of the fact that AHL season will be a grind to say the least compared to SEL. Rodin did have some issues with consistency this year but he should be a solid contender next year. Hopefully people don't panic and start calling him a bust if he doesn't meet their high expectations.

I've been a big fan of Rodin since we drafted him but I think it would be realistic to assume he doesn't play a single game with canucks this upcoming season. He will probably have an average season with the wolves just because of the fact that AHL season will be a grind to say the least compared to SEL. Rodin did have some issues with consistency this year but he should be a solid contender next year. Hopefully people don't panic and start calling him a bust if he doesn't meet their high expectations.

Although those could be factors, you have to remember he has gained a bit of weight and experience was gained throughout the year. When you mix those two factors into the fact that his play is more suited to North American hockey, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up pretty good numbers in the AHL. Travel won't be so bad in Chicago either.

A comparison I can think of now is Loui Eriksson put up 14 points in 39 SEL games, came to the AHL and put up 60 points in 78 games. Of course, he didn't get a single NHL game that year, but he did a lot of things to deserve it.

Edited by Thomas Gradin

Although those could be factors, you have to remember he has gained a bit of weight and experience was gained throughout the year. When you mix those two factors into the fact that his play is more suited to North American hockey, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up pretty good numbers in the AHL. Travel won't be so bad in Chicago either.

A comparison I can think of now is Loui Eriksson put up 14 points in 39 SEL games, came to the AHL and put up 60 points in 78 games. Of course, he didn't get a single NHL game that year, but he did a lot of things to deserve it.

Nice post.

Plus, Rodi just seems to play better with smaller ice. He'll really surprise a lot of people next year.