The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

i imagine this likely means that Brendan Gaunces time in Vancouver may be at an end for now. Some time in Utica may do him some real good to regain his confidence. The Carolina Hurricans also claimed Ty Rattie which means the Canucks did not put a claim in on him.

IMG_2200.PNG

10 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

i imagine this likely means that Brendan Gaunces time in Vancouver may be at an end for now. Some time in Utica may do him some real good to regain his confidence. The Carolina Hurricans also claimed Ty Rattie which means the Canucks did not put a claim in on him.

IMG_2200.PNG

I don't know much about this guy (great name though). Why does his addition make you think Gauncer's on his way out? 

The Canucks already have an extra forward so it’s likely they’ll make another move. Only Brendan Gaunce can be farmed out without waivers, so unless the team wants to expose Jayson Megna or Michael Chaput or Jack Skille to waivers, Gaunce will be the guy to head to Utica.

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-claim-reid-boucher-off-waivers

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Utica depth.

Is he?   We are picking him up because NJ tried to send him down.  We nabbed him, so doesn't that put him into Vancouvers system right away? 

6 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I don't know much about this guy (great name though). Why does his addition make you think Gauncer's on his way out? 

Because Gaunce is playing LW on the 4th and he's been losing battles, and hasn't looked very strong.  If this improves our 4th line, where as we can roll it more consistently, then that makes me a happy camper.  This will help keep our other 3 lines fresh, especially in back to back games.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

If anyone is going to Utica, it will be Gaunce, which is a good thing. Gaunce needs Utica and Utica needs Gaunce.

I actually think that Gaunce has been playing well as of late. he's been forechecking well, getting his passes through but he needs to shoot more. I remember last game he had a 2 on 1 and he opted for the pass. it's never a bad thing for him to send him down though I prefer they send Chaput down.

4 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Gaunce is the only waiver eligible guy we have, so it's him or there's a trade incoming. I like Gaunce a lot and his play has been better lately, but he needs to put up some points and feel what it's like to score again. That's going to be a huge boost for Utica. They get a 1st line center dropped into their laps and can start to turn their season around.

3 minutes ago, Type R said:

Is he?   We are picking him up because NJ tried to send him down.  We nabbed him, so doesn't that put him into Vancouvers system right away?

Temporarily, yes.  He'll be headed to Utica as soon as he's eligible I'm sure.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Temporarily, yes.  He'll be headed to Utica as soon as he's eligible I'm sure.

But then he has to clear, which means NJ will pick him back up.  So they sent him down, was snagged by NSH, who then did the same, so NJ got back, tried to send him down again, and then Vancouver grabbed him.

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I actually think that Gaunce has been playing well as of late. he's been forechecking well, getting his passes through but he needs to shoot more. I remember last game he had a 2 on 1 and he opted for the pass. it's never a bad thing for him to send him down though I prefer they send Chaput down.

Gaunce is the only one that is waiver eligible, which makes him the only real candidate. Canucks can't afford to lose Megna/Chaput to waivers because it would further deplete the Utica roster. 

Just now, Type R said:

But then he has to clear, which means NJ will pick him back up.  So they sent him down, was snagged by NSH, who then did the same, so NJ got back, tried to send him down again, and then Vancouver grabbed him.

What's your point?

7 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Sure but remember BG was a 1st round pick... he's pretty hard to notice a lot of nights too so I suspect thats the issue here. Anyway its a free player to try out. 

4 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Gaunce is the only waiver eligible guy we have, so it's him or there's a trade incoming. I like Gaunce a lot and his play has been better lately, but he needs to put up some points and feel what it's like to score again. That's going to be a huge boost for Utica. They get a 1st line center dropped into their laps and can start to turn their season around.

I actually wonder if they view him as an upgrade on Megna (who would likely clear waivers)? If not, yeah, it likely spells Utica for Gaunce.

Archived