The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

9 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Ya, but I don't think we've been winning because of Megna. Our goaltending improved a whole lot, and the winning was a by product of that. If we're winning the shot clock and scoreboard each game then we should be content with the team regardless of production. But I feel like Willie is just riding out this lucky streak, instead of trying to build on it.

RtrEEoC.gif

Just now, canuck2288 said:

You honestly think any other team would want Megna? If they do they are welcome to him 

As usual, easy for you to say. Talk is cheap when there is no bottom line, no responsibility and all you need to do is finger your bow tie on the edge of reality.

41 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I doubt they would. But I also thought Corrado would clear :P

Corrado was only 22 and showed promiss.  I figured he would have been snapped up but the following 2 years have shocked me.

Megna is 26 and has showed to be a decent AHL player that can't make the jump.  He already cleared once this year and if nobody wants nestrasil nobody would want megna. 

Just now, coryberg said:

Corrado was only 22 and showed promiss.  I figured he would have been snapped up but the following 2 years have shocked me.

Megna is 26 and has showed to be a decent AHL player that can't make the jump.  He already cleared once this year and if nobody wants nestrasil nobody would want megna. 

You'er probably right.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

As usual, easy for you to say. Talk is cheap when there is no bottom line, no responsibility and all you need to do is finger your bow tie on the edge of reality.

Yes Willie's mom we all know your son has a man crush on Megna after he was forced to break up with Vey 

5 hours ago, Derp... said:

Ya, but I don't think we've been winning because of Megna. Our goaltending improved a whole lot, and the winning was a by product of that. If we're winning the shot clock and scoreboard each game then we should be content with the team regardless of production. But I feel like Willie is just riding out this lucky streak, instead of trying to build on it.

That's the exact same thing I see. The Canucks have been pretty mediocre to say the least in the last 10.

WD should be smart enough to see that and pick up on some weaknesses before the team.has to start losing to make changes.

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

What are you looking at? Gaunce has played well, I just think he needs to be further up the lines but that won't happen yet. 

I'm looking at Utica and Guance is the only guy who doesn't need waivers to move around.

He's been solid as a 4th liner at best would rather see Rodin or Boucher in the lineup over both him and Megna though.

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I'm looking at Utica and Guance is the only guy who doesn't need waivers to move around.

He's been solid as a 4th liner at best would rather see Rodin or Boucher in the lineup over both him and Megna though.

That's why you would never last 2 mins as a coach Chip. Neither of these two could make it as 4th liners. If you watch the Canucks recently we are being treated to almost perfect 4th line displays every night. The only thing lacking is more goals but hopefully they will come. 

What we do see, is non stop compete, speed, great forechecking and most nights the opponents being backed into their own end. It's difficult for a coach, any coach, to break that up.

We need look no further than the top line to see who is letting us down. Maybe we should sit one of the tins and try Rodin or Boucher in his place.

I feel sorry for this kid. He thought he was going to play some hockey here. Not with Willy as coach, he's got no idea how to manage a bench or a press box! He is the worst coach in the NHL today. Oh but the boys have all had a 'real good' effort why would you give anyone else a chance right Willy?? Lol

17 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Honestly we may not have had much from for Corrado either but there is a huge difference ... we don't need Megna other than to be a farmhand 

most people, including me, liked Corrado 

Judging by the way the Canucks played that game that Toronto dressed Corrado, I don't think the Canuck players liked Corrado. He was a target all night.

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

That's why you would never last 2 mins as a coach Chip. Neither of these two could make it as 4th liners. If you watch the Canucks recently we are being treated to almost perfect 4th line displays every night. The only thing lacking is more goals but hopefully they will come. 

What we do see, is non stop compete, speed, great forechecking and most nights the opponents being backed into their own end. It's difficult for a coach, any coach, to break that up.

We need look no further than the top line to see who is letting us down. Maybe we should sit one of the tins and try Rodin or Boucher in his place.

Talk to tort's and his usage of Gagner on the 4th line this year.  Seems to be working quite well.. 

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2017/1/12/14220234/boston-bruins-columbus-blue-jackets-fourth-lines-beginning-to-change-nhl-thinking

Then there are the league-leading Blue Jackets. Their fourth line of Scott Hartnell, Lukas Sedlak and Sam Gagner has 8 goals while playing together, with two assists, and a CF& of 51%. They're also used in all zones - which means that John Tortorella is comfortable having them anywhere on the ice. Like Boston, they rarely hit-in fact, the line as a whole only throws 2.3 hits a game-the least in the league.

That flies in the face of the claim that the best teams have a fourth line that can hit, doesn't it? A line that can play all over the ice, score and defend - that's something most teams would kill for on their first, never mind their fourth.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gagner-4th-liner-columbus-pace-crush-career-highs/

Archived